Mon Dec 22 16:48:08 CAT 2014
Pearl Thusi and daughter involved in an accident

Model, actress and radio personality Pearl Thusi was in a car accident that left her and her daughte.

Initiation school boss held over boy's death

By Ntwaagae Seleka Free State Correspondent | Dec 05, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 99 ]

AN INITIATION school owner and a principal are expected to appear in the Botshabelo Magistrate's Court today over the death of an initiate.

The school's owner, aged 59, and its principal, who is 27 years old, were arrested after Kamohelo Pitso, 17, was found dead.

His mother, Makhotso Pitso, said the family wanted to know why her son was killed.

She said her son disappeared from her Botshabelo, Free State, home last month. The boy's body was found on Monday in a veld. Police found 14 initiates aged between 16 and 25 at the initiation school.

"I waited for him to return and three hours later three young men arrived at my house and told me that Kamohelo has joined other initiates at their school," said the mother.

"A week later the school's owner came to my house demanding R1500 for Kamohelo's release and later demanded R3500 after he had graduated."

Pitso said she was shocked because Kamohelo's father had told the school's owner that he was opposed to the boy attending the initiation.

Police spokeswoman Constable Consolation Mokoale said Kamohelo's body was found near a hill outside Botshabelo.

"He had sustained serious injuries to his body," Mokoale said.

"There was blood in his mouth, his left elbow has a burn wound. We suspect that he could have died on Sunday and we were only informed on Monday by his principal."

In the suspects' possession, police found fake permits allowing the children to attend the initiation school.

l In another similar case, Daniel Thabatau, 29, his younger brother Lehlohonolo Thabatau, 26, Mohau Motumi, 24, and Sesing Chapi, 21, are expected to stand trial for the murder of Mthandazo Kuzwayo, 19, Morena Potsane, 17, Itumeleng Tshiane, 19 and Thembekile Motselebane, 18.

The deceased were assaulted on their upper bodies and their buttocks were burnt with hot iron rods, allegedly by Daniel and Lehohonolo Thabatau, Motumi and Chapi.

About 30 initiates were rescued from the illegal school. Eleven other initiates were hospitalised. - ntwagaes@sowetan.co.za

Galfrend
child4real
________________
Then use the flippen abuse button ke and stop playing sherrif on us! If a man is gonna swear at me and think imma keep quite,you got another thing coming..you cant tell us not to comment coz we are women,really? we are parents and have every right to do so! ..
_____________________________
You got me wrong here!

My comment was ---
***Well I can't rule women out of this****

Then having to ask women not to comment was not from my head believe me I know more when it comes to traditional circumcission as I went through it myself. Remember ...mothers are parents too of whoch when a problem arises it affects them too.

Sure?

Dec 05, 2012 10:28 | 0 replies

@Galfrend
MsKinkyakaKamaSutra

On the silly side ..........se.x with a circu.mcised m.an is gr.eat *hiding face*
_________________
and most men get circ umcised soley for that reason....
How are you dear.

They forgot that sometimes its not the top grade ingridients you have but the proof in the pudding.............

Dec 05, 2012 10:55 | 0 replies

TUGLYF
@Galfrend
MsKinkyakaKamaSutra

_________________
and most men get circ umcised soley for that reason....
you not complaining now, are you?
_________________
lol no im not..

Dec 05, 2012 10:56 | 0 replies

thot as much. e monate ne! even BJ's are a pleasure to give...
am I ryt or am I ryt?

o stout wena!

Dec 05, 2012 10:58 | 0 replies

TUGLYF LOL ke wena o stout...I dont do bjs *straight face*

Dec 05, 2012 11:6 | 0 replies

Sowetan whats the latest on Jub jub?

Dec 05, 2012 11:18 | 0 replies

Why are females even commenting on issues they know nothing about!!! Stay out of mens issues, know your place when it comes to initiation!!!!!

Dec 05, 2012 11:19 | 0 replies

MabhebezaEC___69!!!

I think Sowetan should block the comments for this article, these females are flying.

Dec 05, 2012 11:20 | 0 replies

@Galfrend
TUGLYF LOL ke wena o stout...I dont do bjs *straight face*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok ok ok, I get the point *straight face* but i was just saying nje. just saying; hau batho.
statement sa statement se ka ntsha motho leihlo. touchy touchy, arent we?

Dec 05, 2012 11:23 | 0 replies

Tuglyf, my question was about health, not taste, but i see that the ones saying circumcision is healthier cannot answer why, so it must be something they've just made up because they've lost a piece of their manhood?

Dec 05, 2012 11:32 | 0 replies

to those who say this practise is outdated and you want to move on with times, cant you see that this moving on with times tends to give us more problems than solutions how but we try and stick to some of our traditions and do it properly instead of always thinking that the white man's way is always the right way because circumsicion has always been done since we existed and it never killed anyone then so why dont we go back to the drawing board and see where we went wrong instead of being snobbish about it

Dec 05, 2012 11:34 | 0 replies