Wed Nov 26 10:44:19 SAST 2014
Let's drool over the sizzling hot Top 12 in Mzansi

Set in the picturesque venue of the Munro Boutique hotel in Houghton, Johannesburg, the Mzansi’s Sex.

Dad drives over daughter, aged 2

By Die Burger | Nov 15, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 43 ]

He heard nothing and was only informed later that the little girl had been hit in the driveway

A Ladismith father is in a state of shock after learning that he drove over his 2-year-old daughter in the driveway of their home.

Annieka Nel later died of her injuries in hospital, reported Die Burger.

Rudi Nel said he got up early on the farm Van Zylsdamme to go to work and saw his little girl Annieka was awake.

“I told her to get into bed with her mother so that I could go to work,” said Nel.

He went to the garage, checked the bakkie’s oil and water and switched off the light, locking the door, got into his bakkie and drove to work.

He heard nothing and was only later informed via radio that Annieka had been hit in the driveway.

“I am deeply shocked. It’s every parent’s nightmare. She was daddy’s little girl.”

Nel and wife Marion also have a 2-month-old baby boy.

Source: News24

To Nastadamas, Kef, Mntwana7, Shredder, Yoyo85 and any other people that are arrogant and selfrightious enough to feel that they are in a position to judge anyone, let alone anyone they do not know or where they do not know the circumstances or situation, these poor parents, who are amazing parents, live on a farm in a area without cell phone reception and where the ground is rough and rocky.
So that is why he heard it on the radio, two way radio not FM, and that is why he would not feel or hear it as the ground is to rocky. I sincerely hope that you lot will never have to go through the hell that these poor young parents and the grans are going through only to be judged by ignorant morons such as yourselves.

Nov 22, 2012 1:56 | 0 replies

yoh , my colleagues nearly bit my head off due to my comment
the want me to rephrase that
ok, @ Hazel, Xoli & Wendy (yall know who you are)

lo baba lo akana ngcondo
when you drive over something even as small as a cell phone
you can feel the bump.......there is conspiracy here and more missing details to this story
interogate these fools and truth shall be heard....Nx!

Nov 15, 2012 12:32 | 0 replies

Kids will always follow you to the car and they even come running towards the car as you drive in, so we have to be alert and careful at all times.

BUT I'm still puzzled about the fact that the Dad heard nothing, maybe someone else did it (like uBen10 of the Mom)

Nov 15, 2012 12:15 | 0 replies

Like @kef said, it is always wise to check thh rear of the car if there are small kids in the house or complex.

@Mr Bones, you can check your mirrors but you cannot see a two year old standing/kneeling on the rear (near boot) of the car

Nov 15, 2012 12:6 | 0 replies

She is the same age as my Boo, eish I can only imagine what they going through..............

Nov 15, 2012 12:1 | 0 replies

I dont check, and last time I drove on a big Rat on my drive way, I had to go clean up before going to work, that was scary

Nov 15, 2012 11:55 | 0 replies

My the kid rest in peace.

Nov 15, 2012 11:53 | 0 replies

@MrBones - but I always do check my mirrors.

You are checking at the wrong place.

Nov 15, 2012 11:48 | 0 replies

@Papage
My Neighbour in Protea Glen did the same thing 2 years ago, poor little girl just followed the Father to the Car happily wanting to go with Dady and then Bang!!!!!!!!!!!!!. We learn lessons from this things, let us be more carefull each time we pull out our vehicles, slowly and gentle, check first if there is nothing under the car, cat, dog or something.
====================================================================
Papage, that is why when you learn to drive or go for the drivers license you do a pre-trip inspection. That thing is being done for a reason to check if kids, animals or any other objects could lying underneath the car. How many of you do a pre-trip inspection? Raise you hands?

Nov 15, 2012 11:46 | 0 replies

Little ones are faster than lightening. You turn your back for a second and they are where they shouldn't be. I cannot even imagine what the family is going through.

Nov 15, 2012 12:45 | 0 replies

Very said indeed; children are supposed to live to be old enough to bury their parents and not the other way around!!!! I trust that the gentlemen would find it in his heart to forgive himself.

Nov 15, 2012 12:47 | 0 replies