Wed Sep 17 07:32:50 SAST 2014
5 things you should know about this week

It's very difficult to keep track of news amongst hundreds of headlines a day. So we will pick out t.

Landlord arrested for theft from tenant

By Sapa | Nov 14, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 9 ]

He allegedly took a cool R1,000 from his tenant, but couldn't escape the cops

A landlord was arrested for breaking in and stealing from one of his tenants, Gauteng police said on Wednesday.

The 36-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly stealing R1,000 from his tenant’s room.

The tenant locked his room on Saturday morning and on his return in the afternoon he found his door wide open. His room was ransacked and the money missing.

“The complainant then approached and questioned his fellow tenants,” said Warrant Officer Solomon Sibiya.

“One of the tenants allegedly told him that his landlord was seen breaking into the complainant’s room.”

The burglary was reported to police and the landlord went into hiding.

Police followed up on a tip-off on the man’s whereabouts on Tuesday which led to his arrest.

The landlord is expected to appear in the Kagiso Magistrate’s Court soon on charges of house breaking and theft.

Nov 14, 2012 3:6 | 0 replies

It once happened to me too. In fact it was not a landlord, but the grandson. I was wondering how I lost my DVDs thinking I might have borrowed my friends when I was drunk, but it didn't make sense. One day I returned early from work and found the freaking prick in my room hiding. Then I put 2 and 2 together. Interrogated the little prick until he admitted stealing and selling them.Nxa!! He had a duplicates of the keys.

Nov 14, 2012 3:19 | 0 replies

This is one desperate piece of animal. The people probably do pay him for renting his rooms and yet they are not safe from his greed. Taking advantage of backroom dwellers. What an absolute shame.

Nov 14, 2012 3:25 | 0 replies

Kore majita bane ba ya go bo pompa, ene this tenant one a gotse, so achaela die man gore o tla boa a mo gafa ga a boa spaneng, e ne majita ba buile gore straight, this time o sa gafeng ga a nwe, nou die man le ene ka go rata spinza, o bona gore once a robe lebati phela ke jarta ya hae mos, ene vie, o a itse gore dae man o gotse o tlile a bo jele maabane, e tsene a nke dae zak, iesh, le rato la bojalwa, le ene o nka die julle geld

Nov 14, 2012 3:39 | 0 replies

nou bona o mo matamomong eish

Nov 14, 2012 3:40 | 0 replies

They're paying him but still he steals from them some people are sh*t.

Nov 14, 2012 3:47 | 0 replies

It's possible that the tenant did not pay their rent and now the landlord decided to take the rent himself.

Nov 14, 2012 3:48 | 0 replies

Maybe the tenant was foreigner and this greedy landlord thought he could rip him off and he would not go to the police for for fear of being ripped off.

Nov 15, 2012 7:1 | 0 replies

hahahahahah nizobamba nalo wam uvula noba andikho athi uyalungisa mxm

Nov 15, 2012 10:23 | 0 replies