Court hears Bongo 'killers' pre-planned shooting
"Both the accused had a meeting that they want to kill all NUM members"
THE investigating officer in the murder case of NUM branch leader Dalivuyo Bongo told the Rustenburg Magistrate's Court yesterday that the people accused of the shooting pre-planned it.
Lonmin platinum mineworkers Zenzile Nxenye, 37, and Siyakhele Kwazile, 35, were arrested earlier this month for allegedly shooting Bongo. He was set to testify before the Marikana commission of inquiry, led by Judge Ian Farlam.
Captain Moses Ngqoko pleaded with the magistrate not to grant bail to the two accused because he had a strong case against them.
"Both the accused had a meeting that they want to kill all NUM members. Nxenye further organised a firearm that was used to kill the deceased," he said.
He also told the court that if the accused were to be released on bail it would be difficult for him to investigate as they might flee. He said they were not cooperative .
Nxenye and Kwazile's defence lawyer said the two accused intended to plead not guilty and he asked the court to release them on R500 bail each.
Bongo was shot on October 5 at his home in Marikana after he took part in the commission's in loco inspection.
The case was postponed to October 24 for bail application judgment.