Thanks to our readers for sending these photos of a Winter Wonderland
SHARE WITH US: Photos can be sent by email to email@example.com
Snow in the Vaal, Free State, Cape
Residents of Vanderbijlpark woke up on Tuesday to find a winter wonderland after a sprinkling of snow.
It generally snows in the area, in southern Gauteng, once in five or six years, said Pomegranate Bed and Breakfast owner Laetitia van den Heever, who described the scene as “just lovely”. “The snow has settled lightly on the plants. It’s beautiful, it looks like [a postcard] Christmas,” she said.
SA Weather Service forecaster Jan Vermeulen said there were heavy clouds over Vereeniging and a chance of light snow had been predicted over southern Gauteng.
There had also been reports of snowfalls in Bethlehem and Clarens in the Free State and light snow had fallen on Van Reenen’s Pass. Plus, parts of the Western and Eastern Cape experienced snowfall and heavy falls were expected along the south-eastern coast.
The weatherman said there would be a brief reprieve from the freezing conditions from Wednesday. However, on Friday another cold front would hit the country from the south west bringing a fresh wave of icy weather.
Manthata Rapakgadi writes: "This morning it was so exquisite, snowing all the way to schools and work. My son is 7 years old. This was his first snowing experience. He was so glad and he even went outside, happily so. That was so great".
- Son with Mbuli during collapse 1 day ago
- Mandela daughters sue father 23 hrs ago
- Vuyo's furniture auctioned off 538 days ago
- Chiefs plan to conquer Africa 1 day ago
- VUYO IN LOVE TRIANGLE mess 1273 days ago
- SA woman arrested for drugs in India 1 day ago
- Africa All Stars concert - PHOTOS 22 hrs ago
- Vuyo loves his job - and values his privacy 375 days ago
- De Sa calls for referees to up their game 1 day ago
- 'She complained to me about his love affairs' 565 days ago