'Disowned killer' abandons bail bid
After his relatives rejected him, he has nowhere to go should he be released
A 20-YEAR-OLD man accused of killing his uncle has abandoned his bail application in the Botshabelo Magistrate's Court.
Samson Lehloka abandoned the application after his relatives rejected him.
Sibongile Tloubatla, who represented Lehloka, said he was abandoning his bail application because he had no alternative place of residence.
"My client informed me that he was no longer continuing with his bail application because he had nowhere to go should he be released by the court," said Tloubatla.
Lehloka was arrested two weeks ago after he allegedly stabbed his uncle, Motsamai Lehloka, 31, with a knife. The attack took place on July 7 at their home in Botshabelo.
His other uncle, Lebohang Lehloka, last week said the family was not prepared to forgive Lehloka for killing Motsamai.
Lehloka allegedly attacked Motsamai, who was exiting from a vehicle in their yard. He allegedly stabbed him and fled on foot.
Lebohang then rushed Motsamai to Botshabelo Hospital with his vehicle where he was certified dead on arrival.
"We can't accept him back. He killed one of our own and might return to kill us all. We fear for our lives," said Lebohang.
He said his nephew was possessed with demons and the family had done everything to assist him.
Prosecutor Nomsa Ngwata said they were awaiting the postmortem results.
Lehloka is expected to appear in court again on August 14. - firstname.lastname@example.org