Boy found dead in Soweto hostel
An eight-year-old boy was found dead in the Jabulani hostel after he inhaled smoke from a paraffin stove, Soweto police said.
"Police arrived and found the boy was already dead and both his parents were dizzy," Warrant Officer Kay Makhubela said.
"Yesterday, the hostel had no electricity and the family used a paraffin stove to cook. They forgot to switch it off and inhaled smoke."
Makhubela said both the 36-year-old woman and 39-year-old man were hospitalised. The woman was in intensive care.