Kebble's trustees have now recouped R10m
THE trustees of slain mining magnate Brett Kebble's estate have only recovered about R10-million of the money owed.
Kebble funnelled millions of rands to influential ANC politicians, including Lunga Ncwana, former head of the ANC Youth League in Western Cape.
Trustees have been in a legal battle to recover the money.
Trustee Hans Klopper revealed they had been able to recover "approximately R10-million" following an out of court agreement with the ANC on Friday.
The ANC agreed to repay a R250,000 donation that Kebble made before he died.
Klopper said the ANC still owed the estate millions of rands, but the claims had been abandoned.
Yesterday ANC treasurer Mathews Phosa could only say: "I'm not going to litigate through the media, full stop."
Klopper claimed that trustees were also tightening the screws on Ncwana - from whom they have been trying to recover up to R14-million.
Ncwana's woes began in November 2006, when notices sent out after in camera sequestration hearings demanded the return of money paid to the ANC via Kebble's personal account from 2002 to 2005.
At the time the trustees demanded R2.4-million from the ANC in v Western Cape; R750,000 from the ANC in the Eastern Cape; R6-million from the ANC Youth League; R14-million from Ncwana; and R860,000 from another former league leader, Songezo Mjongile.
In 2007 Ncwana said he had worked hard to earn over R13-million from Kebble, identifying business opportunities and advising him on political developments.
Yesterday Ncwana said he would meet the trustees in court.