Sat Nov 01 12:57:22 SAST 2014
Amanda du Pont mzansis sexiest 2015 top 12
Here they are: Mzansi's Sexiest Top 12 for 2015

We are getting closer to revealing the ultimate sexiest celebrity in South Africa as voted for by yo.

Why me?

By Lerato Moeketse - lerato@sowetan.co.za | Apr 05, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 145 ]

"MOM, please forgive me but I can't take it anymore. Why me? I had so many plans about my life, but now it is just ruined because of the disease."

These were the painful words of GoodwillRamothata, 21, to his mother Josephine as he went through tests at Johannesburg's Charlotte Maxeke Hospital.

Ramothata, from Alexandra in Johannesburg, suffers from Xeroderma Pigmentosum. The condition means that he is too sensitive to the sun and is forced to stay indoors.

He was born with the condition. He consistently wears a towel around the face and head to cover his wounds.

The skin at the back of his head is so corroded it reveals his skull.

Yesterday, for the first time in three months, he was seen by a specialist at the hospital. In January, the hospital referred him back to Masakhane Clinic, saying they could no longer do anything for him.

The Gauteng health department organised that he be seen by a doctor after Sowetan ran his story.

His mother said tearfully: "Goodie, just be strong my boy, we have been through the worst. Just hold on."

Goodwill said: "You people do not understand. I'm in pain. No human is supposed to live like this. My life is over. I've had big dreams.

"I'm a musician and all I want is to have my own studio and a recording company. I have not released an album because of this pain."

Goodwill has self-recorded an 11-track hip-hop and R&B album. He was forced to drop out of school in Grade 9 in 2010.

Yesterday, he met dermatologist Professor Deepak Modi, who recommended he be admitted for further tests. While a doctor was examining him, Goodwill struggled to sit up straight because of back pains.

One of the doctors who will see him is a plastic surgeon.

During the examinations, Goodwill was shaking and his skin was pale and covered with freckles.

oh God almighty as we all going to our Easter holidays i pray to you this morning that you have mercy on this poor soul let your greatness be seen by all please Lord i am begging you to heal him ,give him peace he doesnt deserve to go through this Lord ,i have faith that all wll be possible in the name of our saviour Jesus Christ Amen.

Apr 05, 2012 9:42 | 0 replies

only God can heal and restore, futsi akahlulwa ngulutho. beloved Goodwill you are in my prayers.

Apr 05, 2012 10:14 | 0 replies

little

It means that one of the words in your comment is on the arbitrary 'banned' list

'c0ld, m0tivated, ki11, gunz, w!fe etc are all on the list so just mis-spell everything and it should go through

Apr 05, 2012 10:15 | 0 replies

MommaC-I never said that.Are you employing b'lack people because of BEE?

Apr 05, 2012 10:18 | 0 replies

@ Lovelace
@ Mornachies
Or maybe o kreile sa go hwa leihlo ka moo
================================
Ke eng seo??
_________________________________________
Authi ....seatla godimo ga se sengwe if ke ya phapa tuu .......
.....................................
hao alwayz-happening ke authi ???
===================================
Lol......., dats ridiculous.

Apr 05, 2012 10:20 | 0 replies

maezizsto68

No. I employ her because she is damn good at her job

Apr 05, 2012 10:22 | 0 replies

@Tsope', from what I read because this disease is rare not much research has been done to find a cure for such rare skin disease, this is the same as that flash eating skin disease, they isn't much research done on such disease because of how rare they are, but I believe if money can be put into research regarding such rare skin conditions eventually doctors will find a way to control the disease or possibly cure it. All I can say to Goodwill is we don't know what you are going to through but mfowetho stay strong especially for your mother, doctors are now aware of your condition hopefully they will find a way to control your condition soon, it's hard but stay hopeful, anyone who has read your story is keeping you in their minds and heart.

Apr 05, 2012 10:23 | 0 replies

@Modimo wa Mosa le Mogau

Senatla sa le godimo le lefase hle kwela ngwana wa gago bohloko, Mophološe gare go mahlabi le disego tše a le go gotšona ka lebitso le lematla la Christe Jesu Mophološi wa rena.

AMEN.

Apr 05, 2012 10:24 | 0 replies

MommaC-Then why are you involving BEE and AA because my first comment was directed to you and your people's 'concerns' regarding b'lacks?

Apr 05, 2012 10:25 | 0 replies

@Alwayz-happening,
If u want to enjoy this blog ,ingnore the likes of lovelice please .....
O ka mfa email ya gago if u don't feel secure here ne .....

Apr 05, 2012 10:26 | 0 replies

@Modimo wa Mosa le Mogau

Ke a go kgopela NTATE, re a go llela Ramasedi wa Poloko, Retla llela go mang, ge re sa llele wena modimo wa lerato, modimo wa go kwa le go bona.

Ke a go Rapela Morena hle Phološa Ngwana wa gago gare ga di tlaišego tše a lego go tšona le bohle ba balego diphateng tša Malwetši a go fapanafapana, ka leina le lematla la Christe yo a re hwetšego sefapanong, morwa modimo yo a phelago ba gaogele hle Morena

AMEN.