Mon Aug 21 01:08:37 CAT 2017
McGregor vs Mayweather: here's where to watch the big fight

SPONSORED | A ringside ticket would set you back about R131,000, but we’ve got you covered.

Land not dangerous, government says

By Sowetan | 2012-03-30 10:55:50.0

THE Gauteng department of local government and housing says there are no people living on dangerous land at Tudor Shaft, an informal settlement near Kagiso on the West Rand.

Spokesman Motsamai Motlhaolwa said about 200 households, which were believed to to have settled on dangerous land, were removed from the area in late 2009 into early 2010.

"There are no other families living under dangerous conditions," he said. "But as part of a programme to era dicate informal settlements the department is continuing with plans to develop new formal townships where these families can be relocated."

People have been staying at Tudor Shaft since 1996.

World expert in uranium products Chris Busby visited Tudor Shaft last year and warned that residents should be relocated immediately since radiation levels were 15 times higher than normal.

He said part of the area where people were removed was also a wetland.

X