A relatively unknown musician from a little known Eastern Cape town is rewriting music history books.
The ANCYL in Limpopo yesterday opened charges against chairman of the Limpopo Geographical Names Committee Boy Mamabolo, who they accuse of being implicated in a financial scandal involving nearly R1-million.
"We cannot wait for manna from heaven to fight corruption in our province and Mamabolo's case is no exception," said ANCYL provincial secretary Jacob Lebogo yesterday.
"We are going to open cases of fraud and corruption against Mamabolo with law enforcement agencies such as the Hawks, the Public Protector and the police."
Mamabolo has been behind moves to oust Lebogo from his position when the league holds its provincial elective conference next month.
Mamabolo's faction supports the election of former Peter Mokaba regional secretary Eddy Maleka to replace Lebogo.
He has also been accused of being the mastermind behind marches in Seshego where Malema's grandmother was attacked. This was after his (Malema's) detractors sang anti-Malema slogans outside his grandmother's house in Seshego Zone 1.
A sizeable number of Malema's lieutenants were attacked by a group allegedly led by Mamabolo since his suspension late last year.
According to documents seen by Sowetan, Mamabolo could not account for organisational money in the region of R800,000.
The document claims Mamabolo was inaugurated as the organisation's chairman in the province by February 2010. In June 11 2010, money to the tune of R400,000 was transferred by the department of sport, arts and culture to a bank account of the organisation.
"The department further transferred another sum of R400,000 into the organisation's bank account in September 30 the following year. Exactly 26 days later, the committee was again broke and left with only R25,000," according to documents.
"Ironically on November 11 2011, Mamabolo allegedly briefed the board that he wanted to resign," claimed the documents.
Sport, arts and culture departmental spokeswoman Adele van der Linde said her department was aware of the allegations.
Mamabolo branded the allegations as untrue and that they were aimed at destroying his political career.
"We have completed our investigations and we have forwarded the matter to the relevant authorities to deal with the matter," she said.