Sat Nov 01 02:19:09 SAST 2014
Switch off appliances to avoid power cuts tonight

Power utility Eskom on Wednesday called on consumers to switch off geysers, pool pumps and all non-e.

Who killed Jimmy Mohlala?

By Riot Hlatshwayo | Feb 01, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 38 ]

Court sets murder accused free

BONNY Mohlala, the widow of slain Mbombela municipal speaker Jimmy Mohlala, says she is not surprised that people who were arrested for the January 2009 killing of her husband had their case provisionally withdrawn by the Nelspruit Regional Court in Mpumalanga.

Speaking to Sowetan yesterday, Mohlala said she knew that there was a possibility the accused might be the wrong people.

"I can't say I'm shocked by the withdrawal of the case against the four accused. I must admit I had previously said the police might have arrested the wrong people, but I do not want to repeat that now because it might seem as though I know who the real culprits are.

"All I can say is that I will wait for justice to prevail at some stage. I believe the real culprits will be arrested one day," Mohlala said.

The four, Constable Finish Mkhabela, Rob Ferreira Hospital cleaner Jenny Mabika, her son Sakhile and Moses Mahungela, had their case thrown out of court on Monday due to lack of evidence against them.

Another policeman, Dumisani Stanley Mhlanga, was also arrested with the four on October 2 2010 but later died of what his family described as a stress-related illness "because he knew nothing about the case against him".

The lawyer for the four accused, Slungu Thobela, said he had always maintained that his clients were innocent.

Asked if he would sue the state on behalf of his clients, Thobela said: "Yes, that is an obvious case. No one can stand a wrongful arrest. We have to take the state to task."

Many people and the media had said that Mohlala's murder was related to politics, but the ruling ANC party always denied this, saying murder was murder and people should stop politicising it.

Mohlala was the whistle-blower in the alleged corruption at the 2010 Fifa World Cup soccer venue, the R1.2-billion Mbombela Stadium.

Mohlala was shot dead at his house in January 2009 after two men attacked him and his then 19-year-old son Tshepiso, who was shot in the leg.

At the time, the police arrested three men who were later released after no evidence linking them to the murder could be found.

Hey, i smell rat here..............

Feb 01, 2012 8:53 | 0 replies

Mhhhh!!! How do you know that the accused were wrong people without the court examining the case of NPA? Indeed; according to the statement above this woman knows who the killers of her husband
are!! Why is she not arrested and charged for defeating the ends of justice???

Feb 01, 2012 12:12 | 0 replies

now I understand why the team did not buy new players, they are saving cash for the trial! tough times!

Feb 01, 2012 12:15 | 0 replies

I give up on SAPS, period

Feb 01, 2012 1:7 | 0 replies

David Mabuza, Bobbysteak Motaung k.i.lle.d Jimmy

Feb 01, 2012 1:16 | 0 replies

Its the greedy politicians.

Feb 01, 2012 1:26 | 0 replies

Mme o wa tseba. Go nkga legotlo.

Feb 01, 2012 1:56 | 0 replies

MsKinkyakaKamaSutra
David Mabuza, Bobbysteak Motaung k.i.lle.d Jimmy
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
u are brave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 01, 2012 2:1 | 0 replies

MsKinkyakaKamaSutra

That is pretty much a certainty. Then people wonder why Mrs Mohala isn't surprised when the patsies don't get prosecuted.

Feb 01, 2012 2:36 | 0 replies

show me one criminal arrested and sentenced for killing a politician/municipal worker in that province! NONE!
Beki promissed to clean the province, where is his loud mouth now? who's taking over from him? what is that person saying?

Feb 01, 2012 3:19 | 0 replies

dre10
MsKinkyakaKamaSutra
David Mabuza, Bobbysteak Motaung k.i.lle.d Jimmy
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
u are brave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mbombela stadium was built by Bobby's company and partners
David is the premier of Mpumalanga and we all know about tenderitis

@MommaC
MsKinkyakaKamaSutra
***************************************************************************************************
There was dossier regarding Mohlala's assassination and the hit list and the finger pointed at the ANC honchos

Feb 01, 2012 3:19 | 0 replies