Tue Sep 02 01:29:03 SAST 2014

'Someone's occupying my house'

By Frank Maponya | Jan 26, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 58 ]

Occupant allegedly told her he had bought the house from a municipal official for R3,000

A LIMPOPO woman is unable to move into her RDP house because it has been illegally sold to another person.

Shereen Mphahlele said she had applied for the house in 2008 at the Lepelle-Nkumpi municipality in Lebowakgomo. The house was allocated to her and registered in her name without her knowledge.

Mphahlele said she would call the municipal offices to enquire about her house and was told it had not yet been built.

She said she only discovered what had happened about the house when she met another woman who had been at the municipality when they both applied for houses.

"When the woman told me she was already living in her own house I decided to go to the municipal offices to find out [what was going on]," Mphahlele said.

She said records showed that a house had already been allocated to her and that the municipality was under the impression that she had occupied the house.

"I then went out to search for the house using the number allocated to me. I was shocked to discover that someone already occupied the house," she said.

Mphahlele approached the occupant, a taxi driver, who allegedly told her he had bought the house from a municipal official for R3,000.

She said efforts to have the municipality intervene drew a blank. She was sent from pillar to post, without anyone assisting her.

Mphahlele works as a cashier at a furniture store in Lebowakgomo.

"I still cannot understand why I'm being made to suffer while my house exists," she said.

Municipal spokesman Mokgadi Maubane confirmed yesterday that the house belonged to Mphahlele and said the houses were not to be sold.

"We will investigate circumstances that might have led to the selling of the house.

"Any person found to have been responsible will face the law," Maubane said.

Dzel - Going to check out wix.

Thanks as well.

Jan 26, 2012 4:5 | 0 replies

Dzel - PS, I did get a response from the DA about Odendaal:

Odendaal being investigated by Gauteng Disciplinary Committee arising from the Public Protector's report.

Jan 26, 2012 3:11 | 0 replies

@Sin,
Dzel - If it happens in a DA municipality (Using Midvaal as an example), then yes, the DA is to be blamed.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Guess what, it just did so please join me as we wag our collective finger at Madam Zille and shake our heads in disapproval.

Jan 26, 2012 3:10 | 0 replies

Dzel - Those bloody DA agents!

Jan 26, 2012 3:9 | 0 replies

Jan 26, 2012 3:8 | 0 replies

Oh look, it wasn't difficult finding a Sipho though he is a she.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A Mandela Park resident has added fuel to the fire of claims that the housing allocation process in the area is rigged – claiming that she has been involved in the illegal sales of RDP houses.

The Mandela Park housing development in Khayelitsha involves the development of 100 RDP houses for beneficiaries from the provincial housing waiting list.

westcapenews.com/?p=2138

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Come on say it with me Sin; "These bloody DA agents", again!

Jan 26, 2012 3:8 | 0 replies

Sin,

Truth is, this is an ANC municipality, and they are responsible.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If your argument is they should tighten up process to double check this does not happen again then we are on the same page but I know you well enough to know placing blame is your motive so let's agree to disagree.

Q: If something similar happened in a DA controlled municipality would I also have a right to scream, "these bloody DA agents" even when the culprits name is uSipho who has been voting for PAC since the Baas allowed him to vote at the ripe age of 40?

Jan 26, 2012 2:58 | 0 replies

@BALOBEDU
Hey bro i don't think in bolobedu there is a fool that will vote ANC out maybe you coz you come from CT you are claiming that you are molotswi and one other thing andy member of any party can be employed in any manucipality as long as you have qualification for that job. so stop your critisizm (if you costipated just fart or go to toilet ANC helped most of people and famalies in Bolodu

@ Skhokho21
why are stealing my username (joking) LOL!!!

Jan 26, 2012 2:21 | 0 replies

Dzel - Truth is, this is an ANC municipality, and they are responsible.

Jan 26, 2012 2:17 | 0 replies

@Sin,
Dzel - The ANC wouldnt have non-ANC dudes working in their municipalities.

Here I thought the ANC was a 'collective'.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That’s very speculative of you, unless you can provide application forms that includes a tick box for party membership then you are clutching at straws. That would be unconstitutional; if this were indeed the case the ANC would find itself in breach of Labour Law and our Constitution. I am sure the DA would be all over this if it were true but they are not, or are they?

Let’s be careful of pointing fingers because of vested interest or cheap politicking; it does nothing to help the victim in this case.

Jan 26, 2012 2:3 | 0 replies

A house for R3000.........Limpopo again the Head office of corruption......

Jan 26, 2012 1:53 | 0 replies