DJ Black Coffee spins his magic - PHOTOS
DJ Nkosinathi Maphumulo, aka Black Coffee, performed magic when he staged a live show accompanied by a 24-piece orchestra in KwaZulu-Natal at the weekend.
The show, titled Africa Rising, took place at Moses Mabhida Stadium on a humid Friday evening.
It coincided with the celebrity DJ's recording of his latest DVD.
The event - which was attended by more than 10000 people - was kick-started by supporting acts DJs Culoe de Song, Ralf Gum and Rocco, who all played deep house songs.
When the moment finally came for Black Coffee's appearance he took the stage dressed in a black suit and sang veteran jazz bassist Victor Ntoni's Usizi.
It was not long before Black Coffee got on to the decks. What amazed his supporters was the way he fused both house music and the sound provided by the 24-piece orchestra conducted by Brendan Jury.
The highlight of the show was when jazz legend Victor Ntoni took to the stage to perform his celebrated song, Usizi, which had people singing along joyously.
Among other surprises was rocker Zakes Bantwini, who had the crowd singing along when he performed the songJuju.
Brothers of Piece and Black Coffee performed a song called Sikukhuzile. Others who performed were Tumelo, Thiwe, percussionist Mabe Thobejane, Zano and Bucie.
- Kenyan pastor bans females from wearing underwear to church 1 day ago
- Shocking footage of police brutality - VIDEO 1 day ago
- Isibaya leads SAFTAs soap nominations 2 days ago
- Funny video of the week: Steve Harvey talks about church 1 day ago
- Cape Town cops suspended over attack of naked man 1 day ago
- Vlad V can now coach Pirates 1 day ago
- Over 60 000 tickets sold for Soweto derby 1 day ago
- Boity strips naked for Marie Claire 19 days ago
- Pirates defender, Rooi Mahamutsa, involved in accident 3 days ago
- Mbalula lambasted soccer 'wolves' 1 day ago