Sun Sep 21 06:05:34 SAST 2014
5 things you should know about this week

It's very difficult to keep track of news amongst hundreds of headlines a day. So we will pick out t.

Moment of truth for 11

By Zenoyise Madikwa | Dec 08, 2011 | COMMENTS [ 115 ]

SUNDAY will see the dreams of most of the 11 Miss SA contenders shattered, while one of them will be crowned the most beautiful woman in the country.

If the preliminaries are anything to go by Lerato Mokoena is poised to take the crown at the Sun City's Superbowl.

The 22-year-old Vereeniging beauty is a veteran of pageants. She had previously won titles as second princess for Miss Bikini SA and Miss Soweto and holds the title of Miss Emfuleni 2010.

Mokoena is a photogenic lass with a body that is tailor made for a swimsuit. Her major asset is a beautiful face that manages to impress with minimal make-up.

She seems set to rock the judges with her cool demeanour, intelligence, grace and confidence.

During the preliminaries, Mokoena, who holds a BA in Tourism Development from the University of Johannesburg, stole the selected audience's hearts with her poise, gracefulness and spontaneity.

Her bid for the crown has not been without difficulty, though. She has had to put up with insults from those who were mocking her for her hair loss problem.

Mokoena wears a wig because she suffers from alopecia areata, a condition that eats the hair away. Fortunately this has not affected her self-esteem.

Besides her beauty and obvious brains, Mokoena is also a philanthropist at heart.

During an interview with Sowetan, Mokoena said her major dream was to establish her own non-governmental organisation that will reach underprivileged communities in the country's rural areas. Her focus will be on empowering the youth in these communities.

The media has seen Mokoena grow from an ordinary girl to the woman of today who could best represent the Miss SA office.

If all goes well on Sunday the 1,79m tall natural beauty could very well be crowned Miss SA.

@nttshware

nkare ke motho a gapela go ntsha bosepa!

Dec 08, 2011 12:44 | 0 replies

Goood people have a look at this girl closure, fake hair, heavy makeup , so then you tell us this is beauty nxaaaah , this is fake maaan.

For me only women impressed in my life was Bridget Masinga she came with her nartural beau , I still remember those dreads , the woman was very confident , she went up to runners up, unfortunately SA does nt know beauty

I was impressed with Bridgette Masinga

Dec 08, 2011 2:2 | 0 replies

@Ann mara ntombi you shldnt' say she has natural beauty, I know you are excited for her but natural beauty is everything she is NOT. Be a true friend to her she will appreciate you for that, I am also not convinced that she is the prettiest, smartest of the top 5 this girl is average judging alone by her vanity as I can't comment on intelligence cause I didn't hear hers or others interview.

I just want SA to send best representative to the Ms World/Universe to represent us, the reigning Ms shld have shown us what happens when we chose mediocre or substance, other countries send best contenders cause the deal is to clinch the crown.

Dec 08, 2011 2:3 | 0 replies

@Somaartakeit,It is often said that "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and we all obviously have different tastes. What appears beautiful to one person may seem ugly or not so beautiful to another. It is the person who is looking (the beholder) who has to form his or her own opinion whether a particular person, place or object is beautiful. i still say she is got killer lips, damn!!

Dec 08, 2011 2:8 | 0 replies

nerviii, o jajarag!!

Dec 08, 2011 2:9 | 0 replies

nevus
JUBJUB
@Ann-my friend what happened ka di 9
--------------------------
kikikikikiki o cho kaosane?hai ni ya claimer hai suka ni ya claimer,hei nina zicleber ha suka ni ya claimeeer(singing)
***************************************************
mxm o nkarabile ka molaetsa,yah kaosane

Dec 08, 2011 2:10 | 0 replies

somaartakeit
Hie Somaar - I agree ,interviewing only this one gal is not fair to the other contestants.

I will have to disagree with you on the make up issue,I think its perfect,less is more you know,she is not wearing heavy make up ,she is as natural as possible.

I think she is pretty, not sekobo ,just avarage,she does look like Thami Ngubeni to me. All the best to her.

Dec 08, 2011 2:12 | 0 replies

@Ann please pay attention to operative word of your original comment being she has NATURAL beauty, to which I responded by say, NATURAL beauty is everything she is not, start with her wig, please Ann that is too obvious to see even to an untrained eye in the beauty business that natural beauty is not what she poses, even a Samsam a bloke can see that NATURAL beauty is not part of who Lerato is,
she may have killer lips but I doubt that will what get us the crown, its the whole package and she ain't got it, hence I am surprised that she is taunted as the most beautiful girl in the land by madikwa? please man.

Dec 08, 2011 2:12 | 0 replies

Hia GF howz you:-) sana please jonga the tone of makeup in the face and neck and sport the vast difference, that's not how PROFESSIONALLY made up person should look, everything should be even, and blend well, also the brow shape is wrong for her face shape it makes her look hard, this is one of the very simple mistake make up professionals make.

Mina ndithi maybe the best girl win cause I wanna be represented by the BEST nothing less.

Dec 08, 2011 2:15 | 0 replies

Sommaar - Nawe you are too observant man ..lol, khange ndiyibone mna le vast difference o thetha ngayo. To an ordinary person just like me, her makeup looks fine to me coz I belive makeup must look as natiural as possible, but to someone like you, who scrutinises everything, you are bound to find flaws. Anyway we are all not perfect hawu Somaar, can you at least say one thing positive about her, all you have done it to diss her bathong, poor Lerato...lol

Dec 08, 2011 2:21 | 0 replies

@somaartakeit, are u one of the judges?

Dec 08, 2011 2:27 | 0 replies