Dispute settled for Bucs stars
CHARGES of assault and theft against two Orlando Pirates players were withdrawn in the Randburg Magistrate's Court yesterday.
Midfielder Andile Jali and striker Ndumiso Mabena, who were out on R1000 bail each, had the charges against them withdrawn after they reached an agreement with alleged victim Kagisho Moiloa.
Jali and Mabena had also laid counter-charges against Moiloa.
Japi Malatji, lawyer for the two players, said his clients and Moiloa had agreed to withdraw the charges they had laid against each other.
Malatji said both parties had agreed to settle the matter out of court.
It is alleged that in the early hours of Saturday a fight broke out between the three men in Woodmead, Johannesburg.
After the fight Moiloa laid assault and theft charges against the two soccer players at the Sandton police station, where Jali and Mabena also laid counter-charges.
Moiloa's lawyer, Walter Nabane, also confirmed that the charges had been withdrawn.
"It appears that my client was the first to lay charges against the two. They (Jali and Mabena) also laid counter-charges against him the same day.
"We have agreed with my client that this case does not carry any weight and pursuing it is just a waste of the court's time.
"Together with their lawyer we found that there is no substance in this matter," Nabane said.
Jali and Mabena were accompanied to court by Pirates goalkeeper coach William Okpara.