Tue Sep 27 22:39:12 CAT 2016

Reprieve for Kuli Roberts

By Andile Ndlovu | Mar 03, 2011 | COMMENTS [ 475 ]

AFTER enduring a week of calls for her head, controversial columnist Kuli Roberts yesterday received a reprieve as the Mzansi Magic channel resisted calls to can her show.

Whether she was forced or not is unclear, but Roberts will apologise on her show for comments made in her Bitch's Brew column in the Sunday World titled Jou ma se kinders.

In it Roberts said, among several personal and satirical observations, that coloured people like to fight in public; had no front teeth; that coloured women breed as if on a mission; were "nuts" because they drank Black Label beer and smoke like chimneys.

The DStv channel announced in a statement yesterday that Roberts' show, Headline, would go ahead tonight and that the mother of two would apologise to many who were left incensed by her comments.

Mzansi Magic's statement read: "Following the outrage caused by Kuli Roberts' column in a Sunday newspaper this past week, questions have been raised about the future of her television show.

"Headline will continue on Mzansi Magic in its prime time slot on Thursdays at 8.30pm and Mzansi Magic will not terminate Kuli's contract as presenter of the show."

Channel head Lebone Maema said they had decided to give Roberts the benefit of the doubt, "accepting her explanation that it was not her intention to be offensive or malicious and would grant her the opportunity to make a public apology on Headline tonight."

@gigolo
LOL...
I love they way you think babe...You stimulate my intellect!!!
*wink*

Mar 03, 2011 12:43 | 0 replies

Nomakula - you must never. Ke solofela gore o bakile.

However, I do not think this must stop you from voicing your views though. But, please keep them polite and respectful okay. Oki-docs.

Mar 03, 2011 12:55 | 0 replies

I guess if it were Mark Lottering or Trevor Manuel mentioning those statements on stage or tv there wouldn't be complaints. I really want to know about the response of these two Coloured comedians. Our Black sisters are smoking that much too and do the rest that Kuli mentioned about Coloureds too. People are so sensitive whenever they please. Lastly i hopre the Coloureds community at large has accepted Kuli's apology.

Mar 03, 2011 12:55 | 0 replies

@qalowakw
You need your own show girl...YOU'RE KILLER!!!!!

Mar 03, 2011 12:55 | 0 replies

I'm Kuli's fan.Kuli has been commenting about everyone even her black sisters and brothers...Why are coloureds so sensitive...they must get over it!

Mar 03, 2011 12:55 | 0 replies

ladygaga
she said shitface.............she the only 1 wu says that word on this blog.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mar 03, 2011 12:56 | 0 replies

@Luli I like you girl, I also like hat woman. I watch because of her. So that makes me to like you, here are me No: 0836543998, call me nhe!!

Mar 03, 2011 12:58 | 0 replies

@Qalo - that's good gal you keep us entertained at times
@my gals - out for lunch, be good love you all...

Mar 03, 2011 12:58 | 0 replies

@mec
seyishayile lakimi bye babes.........

Mar 03, 2011 12:59 | 0 replies

@Qalo ok nunu am waiting for Mamfundisi Sentle neh

Mar 03, 2011 1:0 | 0 replies

@BRAVESTARQ
i have to agree with u there.....she is a real killer....phela i cant stop laughing hahahaha

Mar 03, 2011 1:0 | 0 replies