Tue Sep 02 08:47:33 SAST 2014

SABC COO gets wife as gift: Report

By Sapa | Jun 13, 2014 | COMMENTS [ 193 ]

Traditional Venda chiefs have given SABC acting chief operations officer Hlaudi Motsoeneng a wife, a cow, and a calf, Sowetan reported on Friday.

He and other SABC executives were in the area for a meeting with Mudzi wa Vhurereli ha Vhavenda, a lobby group of traditional leaders and healers.

"The girls were around 10 and they paraded for him to choose. He chose the one he liked," Mudzi executive secretary Humbelani Nemakonde was quoted as saying.

"All the girls were there with their parents. Their parents knew what was going to happen and they all agreed."

The woman Motsoeneng chose was pictured in the newspaper bare-breasted next to him. She is a 23-year-old human resources management student.

Hlaudi-bride.jpg

He received the gifts because he was "committed to his job and understands the strategic objectives of the SABC".

In February, Public Protector Thuli Madonsela released a report which found Motsoeneng's appointment irregular. His salary increased from R1.5 million to R2.4m in one year. She found he misrepresented his qualifications, that he passed matric, to the SABC.

TheRealMsKinks

Women were lined up in Thohoyandou, Limpopo, on Wednesday for Motsoeneng to choose one. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> There is someone I know who wishes he was in Hlaudi's shoes

Jun 13, 2014 11:51 | 4 replies
Jun 13, 2014 11:55 | 2 replies

Vhamsanda

I wonder if he will cope with Venda women. You have to be really endowed to satisfy them. Good luck Mr COO.

Jun 13, 2014 12:4 | 3 replies

KatakataEmaotoAditshepe

Dont underestimate the Basotho Vhamsanda,we know that "Monna ke lefa la mosadi"(The man is a woman's wealth).

Jun 13, 2014 12:27 | 0 replies

TheRealMsKinks

Not all venda men are well endowed

Jun 13, 2014 12:31 | 2 replies

Hosh6

Do you know of a venda who is not well endowed?

Jun 13, 2014 12:51 | 1 replies
Jun 13, 2014 1:0 | 0 replies

Shredder

Eish!!! Luvies, I understand. I hope ga e tsose diletseng ne.

Jun 13, 2014 2:56 | 0 replies

Shredder

Vhamsanda, o tla mpha mpesu. Akere bare le ba tlhasela ka mpesu.

Jun 13, 2014 2:55 | 0 replies

Shredder

Kwakakakakakatakaemaotoaditshepeeeeee!!! katakata wa ntlwaela. Kakakaka

Jun 13, 2014 2:54 | 0 replies

ChunkuBabyOil

@MsKinks hi dear, I'm waiting phela kemang?

Jun 13, 2014 12:4 | 1 replies

TheRealMsKinks

Hi Chukus, its our president.

Jun 13, 2014 12:7 | 1 replies

ChunkuBabyOil

@MsKinks....hai bo you want to kill uMaKhumalo?

Jun 13, 2014 12:21 | 1 replies

TheRealMsKinks

Ha phela, ubaba likes them young..... uMaNtuli is 35 years younger than umsholozi

Jun 13, 2014 12:30 | 0 replies

Mapholobakay1

I cant help it but LOL. This is typical vhaVhenda, people who still believes in growing dicks, witchcraft and flying around in broomsticks. The only pretty Vhenda woman I know is Florence Masebe...abo vho Mukondereri and likes are damn ugly. I doubt the girl is Venda though. She is too fair to be Venda...its like presenting Melusi Gigaba as a coloured. They might have smuggled this beauty queen, with perky tits and delicious looking skin, from Swaziland. Lets hope she will encourage this doom kop executive to study as well.

Jun 13, 2014 12:17 | 2 replies

screwyellowbones

@Mapholobakay. Your comments show a person who is so shallow, ignorant and tribalistic. I'm a Venda woman and I'm fair and beautiful|( from what I've been told).You must be living under a rock if you still believe the nonsence you wrote.

Jun 13, 2014 2:36 | 0 replies

CRM083

Do not worry about Mapholobakay1, he/she/shim doesn't know anything about Venda. I've lived in Venda for a couple of years and I've seen very beautiful girls

Jun 13, 2014 4:23 | 0 replies

KatakataEmaotoAditshepe

Waar is daai MOSOTHO(Shredder)?

Jun 13, 2014 12:29 | 1 replies

TheRealMsKinks

Shredder ke MOTSWANA

Jun 13, 2014 12:32 | 1 replies
Jun 13, 2014 1:0 | 1 replies

TheRealMsKinks

STRUE ( I kid you not)

Jun 13, 2014 1:7 | 1 replies

KatakataEmaotoAditshepe

Motswana wa Limpopo I hope.

Jun 13, 2014 2:46 | 1 replies

Shredder

O nkisa kae Katakata?

Jun 13, 2014 2:56 | 0 replies

RobinX

Ag SIS man. Women are not possessions simply to be handed out by some small-time chiefs as reward for being a liar!

Jun 13, 2014 11:51 | 1 replies

Ponko_Fontoyo

It's called culture/tradition and their parents were there and didn't have any problem, so I don't why you so concern.

Jun 13, 2014 11:59 | 1 replies

TheRealMsKinks

Do you also line up women in Burundi (for TV Execs to choose)

Jun 13, 2014 1:8 | 0 replies

Maduvula

jereee! this is the most barbaric behaviour I've ever heard in Limpopo, then we blame DJ Sbu for insulting them,

Jun 13, 2014 11:53 | 1 replies

Nkwesheng!!

@Maduvula then we blame Angie for lowering our pass mark to 30% when people cant even understand the meaning of the word Symbolic. To all the people from the clever spy provinces, it is clearly said that it was a symbolic gesture. Say after me,S.Y.M.B.O.L.I.C.

Jun 13, 2014 12:24 | 1 replies

MommaC

??? read it three times. No mention of symbolic or S.Y.M.B.O.L.I.C. anywhere

Jun 13, 2014 12:49 | 1 replies

Nkwesheng!!

Eish my bad MommaC. But you just want to nail me neh? It was made clear when the story first broke. I read it some where and I forget not everybody here knows that it is symbolic. It is funny to see that people take it serious. I was going to repossess our homegirl if it was serious.

Jun 13, 2014 1:10 | 2 replies

MommaC

I have only seen the story here. What is this 'symbolic' thing about? Is it just a form of tying him to the tribe or does this impact on the girl in some way? Reading here, it is horrifying. I spend more time choosing bathroom curtains!

Jun 13, 2014 1:23 | 2 replies

Nkwesheng!!

The symbolism is just to show ultimate appreciation and to say that if it was in the ancient era, this is what we would do. It is just like the two guards at the entrance of Buckingham Palace. They cant stop any terrorist but they are not removed. I think that with this Motsoeneng story I may swallow my words because I see on the Sowetan cover that they are waiting for a delegation. This will seriously take us back as a people.

Jun 13, 2014 1:39 | 1 replies

MommaC

Oh dear! So this really isn't a joke :( I don't wish to be insensitive or anything but, I find this idea of young women being picked out like this to be VERY distasteful.

Jun 13, 2014 1:51 | 1 replies

Shredder

MommaC - Indeed, Nkwesheng is right. They really do not give him a wife. Don't believe everything you read. Even the bovine, he won't take it until he wants to get married in the village. If he doesn't get married there, he won't get it.

Jun 13, 2014 2:59 | 1 replies

MommaC

I've had one numbnut called 'Number' going on about how it really is a marriage and how happy they will be and how it is their normal culture. I now have no clue what is going on. I wish this 'culture' thing was understood by the actual culture it represents!

Jun 13, 2014 3:7 | 0 replies

Number

@MommaC Choosing bathroom curtains is work. Or would you rather remain a troll than choose curtains?

Jun 13, 2014 1:39 | 0 replies

MommaC

Been looking for other articles on this and none of them say it is symbolic.

Jun 13, 2014 1:38 | 1 replies

RobinX

Nkwesheng. With respect, that is bullsh!t. No hint of that anywhere.

Jun 13, 2014 1:44 | 2 replies

Nkwesheng!!

Mr RobinX beside that I know it is symbolic I did read the symbolic part somewhere. I will search for it where I read it but if you don't see me posting the link it mean that I did not find it.I swallow my symbolic words in advance if I cant find where I read about that. I am getting worried that maybe it is serious because I see they are waiting for about a delegation.

Jun 13, 2014 2:9 | 1 replies

RobinX

Now that is the right way to approach things. My respect.

Jun 13, 2014 2:10 | 0 replies

Shredder

Nkwesheng is telling the truth, it's symbolic. Listen to us who know. He won't get the wife.

Jun 13, 2014 3:0 | 2 replies

RobinX

Know on the basis of what? She at least has agreed that she is no longer certain and will find out and check the source. Perhaps one doesn't know as much as one thinks? She has chosen a reasonable response.

Jun 13, 2014 3:7 | 1 replies

Nkwesheng!!

Mr RobinX,I am a He,not a She.That is why on that freezing Friday I was trying to see if I can interest that woman called Home-wrecker with a cuddle in my fresh and clean queen size bed,breakfast and movies in bed and more. Some people don't know what they are missing stru.

Jun 13, 2014 3:59 | 0 replies

Nkwesheng!!

Shredder thanks for backing a brother because now I cant even find the news article that said symbolic.I know it is symbolic though. Because you are not nearby,I will have a symbolic drink on you later tonight.

Jun 13, 2014 3:39 | 0 replies

Maduvula

so he chose a woman paraded to him by some sick minded chiefs? I just puked my break fast with disgust, how sick this society is? how can we allow people like this buffoon to be even reported about? this should be the saddest day of our times.

Jun 13, 2014 11:55 | 0 replies

Grid_lock

good to see that there r still people who practice our tradition. bigs ups to the Venda community

Jun 13, 2014 11:56 | 3 replies

RobinX

You can't be serious!!!!!

Jun 13, 2014 11:58 | 0 replies

Maduvula

Grid_lock! really?

Jun 13, 2014 12:4 | 0 replies

BRA-MAFUTHA

Grid what culture r u talkin about? Vendas don do such crap this are wana be Swatis.

Jun 13, 2014 1:2 | 1 replies

Nkwesheng!!

Tell them homz.

Jun 13, 2014 2:44 | 0 replies

Grid_lock

it is our culture for woman to be paraded, practiced from generation to generation. im also going to venda Limpopo to choose a wife. women should always bow down to their husbands. no wonder high rate of men killing their women in cities, its because city ladies are brainwashed by the west. a woman must always listen and obey orders from the husband period.

Jun 13, 2014 11:59 | 4 replies

RobinX

And then the rest of us live in the 21st Century.

Jun 13, 2014 12:0 | 0 replies
Jun 13, 2014 12:2 | 0 replies

Maduvula

good luck, if someone propose her she'll leave you for him, women wants to hear how special they are not to be forced to a man's house.

Jun 13, 2014 12:7 | 0 replies

TheRealMsKinks

It is because city boys NOT MEN think with their d!cks

Jun 13, 2014 12:34 | 0 replies

STOEPTALK

Dont be surprised if that student becomes the SABC's head of Human Capital. Yesus, but what about Motsoeneng's wife, girlfriend or baby mamas? Those girls are not forced to participate, but why only for Motsoeneng. This reminds me of Namibia.

Jun 13, 2014 12:2 | 0 replies

Grid_lock

stoeptalk its only for motsoeneng, because Hlaudi is a public figure hence it was brought to our attention.

Jun 13, 2014 12:3 | 0 replies

Grid_lock

meant it not only

Jun 13, 2014 12:3 | 1 replies

STOEPTALK

The other execs are not mentioned, but Grid, what if the guys are married already, so it is assumed that their existing better halves will agree to this.

Jun 13, 2014 12:13 | 0 replies

Kgalema

So an uneducated man,46 YEAR OLD Halodi, who does not have matric,defrauded SABC,Being biased for EFF during elections was given a 23 yaer old girl as wife,Hlaodi does not deserve that gifts,He turn SABC as mouth piece of ANC,Triabalist Zuma,Hlaodi must bring back our taxes

Jun 13, 2014 12:4 | 1 replies

RobinX

This sort of sh!t is absolutely shocking. A modern man with integrity would refuse! Shame on him. And this doos basically runs the SABC!!! Haibo!

Jun 13, 2014 12:9 | 1 replies

KatakataEmaotoAditshepe

Who's that modern man with integrity Colonel Blimp,you?

Jun 13, 2014 12:46 | 1 replies

RobinX

There are millions but clearly you don't know many.

Jun 13, 2014 12:48 | 1 replies
Jun 13, 2014 1:2 | 0 replies

Kgalema

Tha was not gift it is kidnaping

Jun 13, 2014 12:5 | 2 replies

Maduvula

where is the ANC Women's League when we need them the most?

Jun 13, 2014 12:9 | 2 replies

RobinX

Prabably standing in the wings clapping and dancing.

Jun 13, 2014 12:48 | 0 replies

mlg

Maduvula. They like men. They wish it were their tired bodies and minds who were chosen. They like men too much and they are a very jealous types.

Jun 13, 2014 2:41 | 0 replies

KatakataEmaotoAditshepe

They(ANC WOMEN'S LEAGUE)only gather against those who dont fall under the armpit of ANC Kgalema.

Jun 13, 2014 2:49 | 1 replies