Sat Sep 20 03:54:40 SAST 2014
5 things you should know about this week

It's very difficult to keep track of news amongst hundreds of headlines a day. So we will pick out t.

Don't risk your and girlfriend's health

By Dear Dudu | Dec 14, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 114 ]

If your girlfriend fell pregnant while suffering from a sexually transmitted disease, it could seriously affect the life of the baby

I am a young man in love with a girl at the same university as me. We are both 20 years old and in our first year. I know that I should have used a condom when we first had sex but I didn't.

A few weeks later I started having problems when I urinated and there was a discharge.

When I went to the doctor he said I had a sexually transmitted disease.

My girlfriend did not complain of any problems and I did not tell her what had happened.

I was given medication and it sorted the problem out. But I am now suffering from the same problem and it is worse. It is really painful.

If I go back to the doctor he might refuse to treat me because he told me of the dangers of not using condoms.

I want to sort this out myself without going to the doctor.

Is this possible? If I go to a chemist, won't they be able to give me medication? - M, Johannesburg

ADVICE FROM DEAR DUDU

No, you cannot sort this out without the help of a doctor.

If you didn't complete the medication as advised by the doctor or if you had sex with your girlfriend again without using a condom, then you are more than likely reinfected.

I am sure the doctor advised you that your girlfriend will have to be treated as well. She might not be showing symptoms yet but it could have long-term effects on her health unless she is treated.

It is important that both of you consult a doctor and once you have both completed the medication prescribed then you both must return to the doctor to ensure that you are completely healed.

You cannot share or stop taking the medication when you are feeling better, as the course must be completed.

Why would you both continue to risk your health and possible pregnancy by not using condoms?

You are at university and if your girlfriend fell pregnant she would have to drop out. How would you then maintain her and a child financially?

If your girlfriend fell pregnant while suffering from a sexually transmitted disease it could seriously affect the life of the baby.

Stop risking your health and use condoms.

Bumboklaat is that the best you can do??Come on try somethine else but nothing about women genitalia, I'm giving you last chance.

Dec 14, 2012 10:53 | 0 replies

@WordofGod
Yeah,He Is so so Faithful,Halleluya.

Dec 14, 2012 11:40 | 0 replies

I can bet with my woman, if you can ask this boy what is the disease he fears the most he's gona say AIDS.#SMH#

Dec 14, 2012 11:51 | 0 replies

@M, Johannesburg
Just a tip for next time: "Abstinence from sins is better than seeking help afterwards." Ali Abi Talib

Dec 14, 2012 11:57 | 0 replies

Le re mang o feteditje mang on this blog

Dec 14, 2012 12:14 | 0 replies

I.n.c.o.g.n.i.t.o
@M, Johannesburg
=================================================
oh come on! lol how in the world do you expect a 20 year old guy to not have sex?
That is peak level age! Justin Slayer ishhhhh your body is able to do anything your mind has its heart set on... ah good times

Dec 14, 2012 12:23 | 0 replies

maybe the poor boy is allergic to sex! then STOP!

Dec 14, 2012 12:38 | 0 replies

DJ Winner where are you?

Dec 14, 2012 12:45 | 0 replies

Moffdat
I.n.c.o.g.n.i.t.o
@M, Johannesburg
=================================================
============

My sweet Creampie!!

We give our bodies too much power - if one's gonna tell himself kuthi "heck, I'm 20 and hence i should be tapping anything and everything under the sun" - then that's exactly what the body's gonna do!

We need to excercise some form restraint - and teach our "younguns" to do likewise!!! Pfffft...peak my a.ss! Men who experience mid life crises are still peaking - how do you explain that??!

Dec 14, 2012 12:51 | 0 replies

I.n.c.o.g.n.i.t.o
@M, Johannesburg
===================
Hoi hoi!!! bakene sthandwa sam.ba shaye ngama quotes...make daddy proud!!!

Dec 14, 2012 12:52 | 0 replies

I.n.c.o.g.n.i.t.o

...My sweet Creampie!! ...
=====================
Hmmm hmmmm. this is a bit too close for comfort lovie!

Dec 14, 2012 12:53 | 0 replies