Fri Oct 31 21:16:32 SAST 2014
Switch off appliances to avoid power cuts tonight

Power utility Eskom on Wednesday called on consumers to switch off geysers, pool pumps and all non-e.

New Miss South Africa is crowned

By Bafana Mahlangu | Dec 10, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 19 ]

MARILYN Ramos is the fairest of them all in South Africa.

Ramos, 21, from Klerksdorp in the North West, walked away with the Miss South Africa 2012 crown during a glittering ceremony held at Sun City Super Bowl last night.

Ramos pipped 23-year-old Stacey Webb and Pearl Nxele, 24, to the crown. The two were crowned First Princess and Second Princess respectively.

Ramos took home R1-million worth of prizes, including a brand- new Volvo hatchback.

A warm-hearted personality and an approachable demeanour ensured Ramos scooped the coveted title.

The finalists looked ravishing in renowned designer JJ Schoeman's cocktails dresses in shades and tones of yellow. Their stylish gowns were a combination of form-fitting and flowing shapes, that had glimpses of long legs and subtly revealed cleavages. Dax Martin's swimwear sequence was as dramatic. For the reveal - the Miss SA finalists entered the stage in white opaque gowns covering canary yellow bikinis and monokinis and unique one-piece cut-out swimsuits.

Durban-based designer Gideon, who was inspired by the Miss SA finalists' femininity, designed the form-fitting, elegant gowns that also had fluidity of movement - being long, glamorous and bearing a mixture of fabric with detailed handiwork.

The two-hour spectacular show was spiced up with musical performances by artists including ChianoSky, the Bala Brothers, Jacque Terblanche, Zakes Bantwini and Toya Delazy.

The show was presented by Miss SA 2000 Jo-Ann Strauss and Channel O's Kasi 101 presenter Lungile Radu, while All Access presenter Bridget Masinga captured the back-stage excitement.

The judges on the night were former Miss SA Sonia Raciti-Oshry, Highveld Stereo's Anele Mdoda, actress Sonia Sedibe, sports commentator Robert Marawa and 702 Talk Radio DJ Kieno Kammies.

- mahlanguba@sowetan.co.za

MARILYN Ramos can I marry you?

Dec 10, 2012 7:16 | 0 replies

@ Ponko no they are not

Dec 18, 2012 11:5 | 0 replies

Not all of us are attracted to pale skinned women, specifically myself I love dark skin women like Naomi Campbell, Hlubi Mboya etc in that sense I dont see any beauty there

Dec 11, 2012 1:8 | 0 replies

The competition is now boring. I even forgot about it. Maybe I'm now too old and busy. The truth is ask me the last 10 miss sa I don't know.

Dec 10, 2012 2:44 | 0 replies

I'm proud of my Mzansi women yeeer. Wonder how MRS Nigeria looks like??

Dec 10, 2012 2:35 | 0 replies

Khethiwe is more beautiful..

Dec 10, 2012 2:16 | 0 replies

@Vhamsanda
Is Ms South Africa pageant still relevant ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thought I was the only one

Dec 10, 2012 12:17 | 0 replies

NNN @ most underrated thing in SA : Food e.g PAP & VLEIS, CHAKALAKA, BOBOTY SAMOOSAS there you have it mzansi, no offence but i cudnt stop laughung seriously dat answer made my evening.>>>NNN!!!

Imagine having pap n vleis as Miss SA>>>HAHAHAHHAHA!!!

Dec 10, 2012 10:5 | 0 replies

Big ups to the winner,you were outstanding lady among the rest and well done to the participants and you are were beautiful lovely ladies.

Dec 10, 2012 10:2 | 0 replies

Bhakakakakakakaka Chane King and her pap en vleis, but she was keeping it true Mzanzi style though

Dec 10, 2012 9:51 | 0 replies

They all looked pretty. Maybe if our tv stations could play these events live again we could see a lot of beautiful young sister being passionate about competing in such events, maybe alcohol abuse and teenage pragnancies could be combated.

I think we dont have to have pay channels to watch inspiring shows on tv.

Dec 10, 2012 9:34 | 0 replies