Weirdest shoes ever! PHOTOS
Some say don't talk until you've walked in someone else's shoes. They obviously haven't seen these shoes. Try walking a mile in these puppies.
So, are heels good or bad for you?
Current fashions have seen heels go to dizzy, even crazy new heights. The look is amazing but high heels can do some serious damage to your feet.
High-heeled shoes put intense pressure on a small area on the ball of the foot and the base of the toes – where nature never intended you to put your weight. High heels also change the angle of your stance and the way you walk, forcing your buttocks outwards, making you sway your hips and curve your spine more than normal.
This may look sensational on the catwalk and be a head-tuner in the street, but the upshot is that walking in high-heeled shoes can cause unsightly bunions, toe deformities, lower back pain, ankle strain and degeneration of your knee joints.
In fact, bunions can get so bad that you may require corrective surgery.
Going barefoot, on the other hand, and you adopt a heel-toe step that allows the calf and thigh muscles to alternately contract and stretch. In high heels, the knee, hip and lower back muscles remain slightly flexed, which can lead to stiffness and pain.
Information taken from www.nib.com
- Son with Mbuli during collapse 1 day ago
- Mandela daughters sue father 23 hrs ago
- Vuyo's furniture auctioned off 538 days ago
- Chiefs plan to conquer Africa 1 day ago
- VUYO IN LOVE TRIANGLE mess 1273 days ago
- SA woman arrested for drugs in India 1 day ago
- Africa All Stars concert - PHOTOS 22 hrs ago
- Vuyo loves his job - and values his privacy 375 days ago
- De Sa calls for referees to up their game 1 day ago
- 'She complained to me about his love affairs' 565 days ago