Wed Oct 26 09:35:33 SAST 2016

Black Coffee gives first lecture at music academy in Canada - says it's a 'surreal moment'

By Tshisalive | Oct 07, 2016 | COMMENTS [ 10 ]

Ahead of giving his first lecture at the Red Bull Music Academy in Montréal‚ Canada‚ world-renowned DJ Black Coffee recalled a time when he was a student at the same institution 13 years ago in Cape Town‚ which he described as a “life-changing experience“.

Taking to Instagram on Thursday‚ Black Coffee revealed that the Red Bull Music Academy not only equipped him with copious music knowledge‚ but that it also changed the way he viewed the world.

“13 years ago I was chosen as one of the Red Bull Music Academy students in Cape Town. That was a life changing experience for me‚” he wrote.

“It changed the way I saw the I consumed and produced music‚” he added.

He claimed that during the interview process‚ which would determine whether he was accepted or not into the Red Bull Music Academy‚ he was asked about his future‚ to which he replied: “In 5 years I’ll be one of the most important producers in South Africa.”

Now‚ more than a decade later‚ Black Coffee is a lecturer at the music academy. He explained that trading places — from being a student to passing on his knowledge and skills as a teacher — is “surreal” for him.

“Today I’m sitting on the other side of the room giving my first lecture in Montreal....Quite a surreal moment.”

Hand in a pocket even when seated?

Oct 07, 2016 2:22 | 1 replies

Ja, that's where the hand should be, we don't want amakepisi andizayo.

Oct 07, 2016 3:38 | 0 replies

Where is Venda and AKA to take lessons.

Oct 07, 2016 2:22 | 1 replies

Bra venda's selection would be horrible.

Oct 07, 2016 3:8 | 0 replies

Mara ena Coffee ke ntja. O shapa tshipi. One of the best house DJs.

Oct 07, 2016 2:22 | 0 replies

I hope it is not a tshisampama lecture? lol

Oct 07, 2016 3:3 | 0 replies

I hope they "klap" hands for him

Oct 07, 2016 3:9 | 0 replies

Keep making us pround black Coffee

Oct 07, 2016 3:38 | 0 replies

I do not know were to start from, i have a lot to say but i will be brief. I have a lot of happiness and joy in life and i want to share it. Many years i had worked but working without happiness. I have a good friend whose life i always admired, i decided to talk to her about how i have been in a life of struggling all my life, she told me about a lady that can help me, a traditional healer. I got scared at first because i thought it would get hard for me but i want to thank this lady a traditional healer called- Mama zula for turning my dreams in to a reality;now as i speak,for the years i have worked, i am paid what i deserve and i am sitting on the board of the company, I also started a business,my daughter is running it and it's going well. I shared this so that anyone out there that is not happy with their lives; having problems,failing,should do whatever you can to see Mama Zula. You can contact her on; +27 784 99 8382.

Oct 08, 2016 1:22 | 0 replies

PLEASE READ THIS Hello every one. I am here to share my testimony which might be of help to you also. I really appreciate what Chief Dr Lebo of website: has done in my life. I had issues with my boyfriend 8 months ago which lead to our breakup. I pleaded and pleaded to him but he never listened. So confuse and restless, he took his bag and left the house. This have caused me pains and sorrow. After some weeks, i met my old time friend and she was asked about Michael my boyfriend. I was sad, she looked at my face and said what the matter was as i looked worried and i have reduced in nature. I told her everything that happened. She was shocked to hear my situation. On that grand, she told me not to worry about anything at all, she ask me how long now and i said up to 8 months now. she Said alright that there is a solution for the issue so i said OK, after 2 days she gave me a website and told me to contact this great man called CHIEF Dr LEBO, which i did. I told him everything that has happened, after which he told me not to think and worry anymore that my boyfriend is going to come back within 24 hours that he is giving me his word. I said OK. He told me what is to be done and i did everything accordingly. Exactly 24 hours, it was very early in the morning which i had a call on my cell phone and looking at the number it was Michael's number. I was So happy to see the great work CHIEF DR. LEBO just did for me, so i pick the call and he was crying, begging me to forgive him that he will never do anything to hurt me again. I had no option but to accept him back because i miss him so much, so right now we are together in happiness, i will advice anyone in need of help to contact Chief Dr. Lebo Email: Website: or Call & WhatsApp +27631394550

Oct 10, 2016 11:2 | 0 replies