Fri Oct 28 21:50:26 SAST 2016
Gender equality - Stock image
Security guards get two years’ pay after being fired for being women

Twenty-eight female guards were unfairly dismissed by a security company because the client‚ Metrora.

'We never dated, we just married' - Atandwa and Fikile

By Emmanuel Tjiya | Jun 22, 2016 | COMMENTS [ 40 ]

Atandwa Kani and Fikile Mthwalo want to do things the right way.

They got married last Christmas Eve after hooking up on the set of It's Complicated a year ago.

A quickie engagement followed in July, barely weeks after they met. In no time, Mthwalo jetted off to New York to pursue her studies.

And now after their marriage they are getting ready for lobolo negotiations.

Kani said: "We got into a lot of trouble with our families, because the whole process takes a long time because the two families must meet. I drove to Lesotho to meet her father, flew to Cape Town to meet her mother, and she came to Joburg to meet my parents.

"So we thought, 'let's get married', and then we will see what happens afterwards." Kani is the son of theatre legend John Kani.

Mthwalo said she is happy that they have now begun the traditional process.

"The lobolo is still pending. They have started the process now. My dad is not mad.

"What was important to him was that we do things the right way and once he found out that we intended to do the right thing he was happy."

Their romance dates back three years ago when they met at The Market Theatre. "Atandwa embarrassed me in front of my boyfriend at the time.

"We never saw each other [again] until 2015, around this time. He just told me he loved me on set one day.

"He told me later that 'I saw you and I thought you were a snob and I'd never date this girl'. Likewise, we never dated, we just got married," Mthwalo said.

"We both wanted something that we were both comfortable with.

"There have been many people who have been vocal about that day (wedding day), while they don't have a ring on their fingers. There have been a lot of speculations, but we would like to keep those details to ourselves. It was a beautiful day that we are satisfied with."

The couple plans to start a family of their own - three boys and a girl.

Jun 22, 2016 10:42 | 1 replies

Work oppertunity: Start your work at home right now. Spend more time with your family and earn. Start bringing 85USD/­­­hr just on a laptop. Very easy way to make your life happy and earning continuously.last week my check was 24551USD pop over here this site ==================== ­­­­­­­w­­w­­w.f­a­c­t­o­r­y­o­f­i­n­c­o­m­e.­­c­­o­­m­­­

Jun 23, 2016 8:31 | 0 replies

Fikile ungamgqokisi lo bhuti nawe.

Jun 22, 2016 10:42 | 0 replies
Jun 22, 2016 10:43 | 1 replies

Ndaa vhoMuvenda

Jun 22, 2016 10:54 | 1 replies

Ndaa mukalaha

Jun 22, 2016 11:18 | 1 replies

o grand mfana?

Jun 22, 2016 11:24 | 1 replies

Ndi right badi, iwe?

Jun 22, 2016 12:47 | 1 replies

grand my autie, ke no ba ke galetse tlaama ya levenda, I must go to Pretoria ko thola one.

Jun 22, 2016 1:1 | 1 replies

O ile a hlolwa ke monate wa lekgamane,a tsekidiswa ke ho shakarelwa hloohong ke matheko a yona.

Aug 02, 2016 7:29 | 0 replies

That's why bao tshwarisa di hands ball slima.

Jun 22, 2016 10:43 | 1 replies

heh monna letahwa . you are cruel my man

Jun 22, 2016 10:49 | 1 replies

Nnete e hloka ho bolelwa.

Jun 22, 2016 10:54 | 1 replies
Jun 22, 2016 11:16 | 0 replies

Fikile Mthwalo....I will do you things refusing to end and give you an opportunity to give me a hug afterwards.

Jun 22, 2016 10:44 | 1 replies

Do you ever have anything actually normal to say?

Jun 23, 2016 7:15 | 1 replies

It's not my problem that you suffering from ER.

Jun 23, 2016 10:12 | 0 replies

sowetan, really now!!! no one cares!!!

Jun 22, 2016 10:53 | 0 replies

Athandwa never learns neh.... From running around Melville Gay clubs to this. busy bee. Good luck!!!

Jun 22, 2016 10:55 | 1 replies

Unhalngenenaye khona?

Jun 22, 2016 11:1 | 0 replies

Jun 22, 2016 10:59 | 1 replies

And wena awushadi niks.

Jun 22, 2016 11:1 | 0 replies

Hope it last Percy waka Sledge did say take time to know her as this is not an overnight thing. What he did to Thembisa do u think he will not do to u.

Jun 22, 2016 10:59 | 1 replies

Nna ke tseba ya Mpharanyane ha a re "nka nako ho motseba".

Jun 22, 2016 11:4 | 0 replies

This because of the Mdoda sisters, criticising their wedding. ag we dont care

Jun 22, 2016 11:9 | 0 replies