Tue Sep 27 20:56:21 SAST 2016

• 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12

Sowetan Live and Sunday World treated some of their loyal readers to a pre-screening of the local movie ‘Hard to get’ last night.

The movie starring Pallance Dladla as TK and Thishiwe Ziqubu as Skiets tells the story of SA’s own Bonnie and Clyde; a young couple in love with each other and with danger.

Lead actor Dladla described it as “an action romance love story that portrays love through action and teaches one about fighting for love”, during a recent interview.

Readers who attended the screening were asked to rate the movie and give their overall impression.

This is what they had to say:

“The movie was funny, heartwarming and really showed how much talent we have in South Africa. I would rate it 9.5 and would recommend everyone to go watch it as I will be watching it AGAIN on Saturday.” - Lebogang Maree

“I took a friend for the screening and we had a great time. However the movie was ok, it has highs and lows - maybe i was expecting more from such a great cast. I will continue supporting local movies.” - Matsepo Monyatsi

“I had a good time yesterday, overall experience was superb. The movie was one of the best South African movies I’ve seen in a while, big ups to the producers and casts.” - Themba Sibiya

“I really enjoyed it. It’s a pity my friend didn’t understand the SA languages, he had to read the subtitles while I was   already giggling and the translation is not as good as the original language.It is a good movie, combination of comedy, action and romance. The comedy part was outstanding for me. I would give it 6 out of 10.” - Nokuthula Xaba

“The movie is the best I've seen, up a tad notch from Tsotsi, I see it going big, the action there is just so real and non fictional,  I like the Bonnie & Clyde thing going on. I just love how it was executed,  it has that Hollywood action movie feel but you can't miss the locality there, the setting shows that it was brought down to everyday living in Mzansi and there were not trying to make it a typical clean type or so perfect setting.

The vulgar and amount of well sexual intercourse can be pardoned just a bit but it would have been nicer if there was less of that as this is a movie that will be watched by many and basically A LOT of under aged people.” - Ayanda Dladla

“Thank you for a well organised screening, my husband and I really enjoyed it, still talking about the movie today. It is a great movie, refreshing, especially coming out of the South African movie industry. I enjoyed the fact that it is so unpredictable,  kept us guessing about what would happen next. I don't know who is more brilliant, the actors, the director or the writer. Overall, it is a brilliant movie and I would watch it again and again.” - Roseline Manthata

'Hard to get' will be released in South African cinemas on 29 August 2014

VIDEO: The Rosebank screening of 'Hard to get'

Mapholobakay1

Yho! kanti nibabi kanje maSowetans! Yerrr! LOL! Ngiyadla akekho umunt omubi...phambi ka Modimo. When are you treating us in CapeTown, The_Baws?

Aug 28, 2014 2:22 | 0 replies

Mapholobakay1

Yho! Kanti nibabi so!

Aug 28, 2014 2:23 | 2 replies

Mshovekahle

Umbonile u S.Cold but akekho u RobinX

Aug 28, 2014 2:33 | 1 replies

Mapholobakay1

Pic 6 is definitely S.cold...the guy looks naughty..

Aug 28, 2014 2:38 | 0 replies

Mshovekahle

Usibonile isithombe samampela saka charloza Pic Number one , Uhamba nebari yakhe

Aug 28, 2014 2:35 | 1 replies

Mapholobakay1

Pic4- Vendalizard Pic5-Maduvula Pic6 -S.cold Pic7-MthimbanaTraitor aka Themba Sibiya Pic8-Shredder - Zama Masondo look alike Pic10 -Dzel Pic11- MommaC and Robinx in black face. Pic13-KinkMissK

Aug 28, 2014 2:38 | 2 replies

Tmbk2

I'm not on the pictures AKA Themba Sibiya

Aug 28, 2014 2:58 | 1 replies

Mapholobakay1

...denying as usually Mthimbana aren't we? usuze wa create a new profile.

Aug 28, 2014 3:54 | 0 replies

D-zel_3.0

Zama Masondo... LOL.... hehehehehe.....

I haven't worn spectacles in years, I am always wearing contact lenses.

Aug 28, 2014 3:3 | 1 replies

Shredder

LOL. Lentwana uMapholoba ingijwayela blaende Dzel

Aug 28, 2014 3:28 | 2 replies

D-zel_3.0

But he is funny though... LOL..

Aug 28, 2014 3:58 | 0 replies

Mapholobakay1

Shredder aka Raiden wins, flawless. Round 1, FIGHT!

Aug 28, 2014 4:4 | 0 replies

D-zel_3.0

SowetanLive readers.... Themba Sibiya.... hhhmmmmm.....

#rubs his chin in deep thought, looks around the room# "interesting...."

Aug 28, 2014 2:24 | 2 replies

Mapholobakay1

MthimbanaTraitor obvious

Aug 28, 2014 2:36 | 0 replies

Tmbk2

D-zel_3.0 you sound like you know me.....

Aug 28, 2014 2:59 | 1 replies

D-zel_3.0

I am convinced I know Mthimbana, very convinced.

Aug 28, 2014 3:6 | 1 replies
Aug 28, 2014 3:56 | 0 replies

skopomashwabana

saw the bootleg version. k@k movie. maybe the theatre version is different. absolute rubbish. I want my R5 back from that vendor

Aug 28, 2014 2:27 | 1 replies

Mshovekahle

You are pic number 6

Aug 28, 2014 2:41 | 1 replies

skopomashwabana

hahahaha...ngine chiskop jita. geen s'chicco

Aug 28, 2014 2:47 | 0 replies

Mshovekahle

I won a ticket also but I did not attend why only Maponya mall , I am staying Kempton Park we have festvall mall or green stone but sowetan chose Maponya mall, I blame The_baws because she is from soweto

Aug 28, 2014 2:32 | 0 replies

Mapholobakay1

Aug 28, 2014 2:35 | 0 replies

kakarana

funny I didn't win

Aug 28, 2014 2:39 | 1 replies

Mshovekahle

You dont win if you are always commenting kak on this block

Aug 28, 2014 2:42 | 1 replies

kakarana

As like you won.

Aug 28, 2014 2:55 | 1 replies
Aug 28, 2014 2:57 | 1 replies

kakarana

Well congrads

Aug 28, 2014 3:2 | 0 replies

ytieduniS

Nice job sowetan on spoiling your joburg readers.

Aug 28, 2014 2:55 | 1 replies

Mapholobakay1

you are not black enough mlungu..try news.24 freebies.

Aug 28, 2014 3:57 | 0 replies

kakarana

was this sms from sowetan: your ticket number is 6 and passcode: 96331238?

Aug 28, 2014 2:57 | 2 replies

The_Baws

Hi Kakarana. This is not from the Sowetan. Please do not respond to it. Can you please send us the message to tellus@sowetan.co.za, so we can find out who is sending this... Thanks

Aug 28, 2014 3:34 | 0 replies

Mshovekahle

We reeived emails not sms

Aug 28, 2014 3:54 | 0 replies

Shredder

Pic 13 - Definitely Tpaz

Aug 28, 2014 3:7 | 2 replies

D-zel_3.0

Ke wena ko pic 3 neh Shredder, you and Kinks?

Aug 28, 2014 3:13 | 2 replies

Shredder

Not me. I wasn't there. This guy looks somehow familiar though.

Aug 28, 2014 3:16 | 1 replies

Mapholobakay1

yes he does, I agree. The looks like Jimmy Manyi while he was still moneyless.

Aug 28, 2014 3:52 | 1 replies
Aug 28, 2014 3:52 | 0 replies
Aug 28, 2014 3:26 | 0 replies

Shredder

Nah! Not Tpaz, It's TRMK

Aug 28, 2014 3:15 | 0 replies

Hosh6

They guy on pic 4 is ugly hahahaha who the f uck is that? Sowetan bloggers are so f ucken ugly it hurts.Pic 5 that water buffalo is definitely TheRealMsKinks hahahaha.Pic 2 that moegoe is definitely shredder, a moegoe van marabastaad af hahahahahaha hoooba hoooba.Oh my gosh who is that woman on pic 6 hahahahaha. Who are those gogos on pic 13 hahahahaha we bloggin with antiques here mos hahahaha.

Aug 28, 2014 3:8 | 0 replies