Fri Oct 31 23:27:56 SAST 2014
Switch off appliances to avoid power cuts tonight

Power utility Eskom on Wednesday called on consumers to switch off geysers, pool pumps and all non-e.

Vusi Kunene joins Isibaya

By Bongiwe Sithole | Mar 18, 2014 | COMMENTS [ 25 ]

Isibaya throttles into a full-on soapie with new beginnings and new families joining the Zulu intrigued storyline of family feuds over taxi business and power.

Veteran actor, Vusi Kunene joins the list of heavyweight characters, playing a role of Bhekifa Ngubane who is a powerful scrap metal mogul that also owns a nightclub.

His charming, opera-loving surface masks a dangerous, cunning and disturbed man who takes pleasure in seeing the slow demise of those he believes have betrayed him.

The Ngubane family includes Andile Gumbi playing Zweli Ngubane, son to Bhekifa, a young handsome and educated 'playa'.

Also joining Isibaya is Jeffrey Sekele as Blade, Bhekifa’s right hand man who is street-smart and connected with powerful underworld figures from a stint in prison. He is loyal but tough.

Zinhle Mabena takes on the role of 22-year-old, Sihle. Beautiful and brave, she had to cut short her university studies to return to the Thukela Valley after the mysterious death of her father.

Now taking care of her sick mother, Sihle discovers who is behind her father’s death which leads her to seek revenge.

Newcomer Sibusisiwe Jili gets her chance to shine with the role of 28-year-old Zanele, the manageress of Club Sheba and a mistress to Bhekifa.

Being one of the best watched shows, the great response to Isibaya by fans can be seen as the reason to the continuation.

“Viewership exceeded the expectations we had when we launched in March 2013. We are thrilled to now be able to offer our viewers a dose of Isibaya every weekday as the show enters a new era.”

“The response to Isibaya has been fantastic,” says Channel Director of M-Net’s general entertainment channels, Yolisa Phahle.

Isibaya now broadcasts five days a week on Mzansi Magic Channel 161.

MOHURUTSI

Without "Ndlovu" Isibaya will not be the same.

Mar 18, 2014 2:22 | 2 replies

Jinghu

I agree. However, I hope they manage to keep the standard they have set for themselves; otherwise it will be another Generations.

Mar 18, 2014 2:37 | 0 replies

Galfrend

True. He is a great actor.

Mar 18, 2014 2:42 | 0 replies

Jinghu

@Galfrend - Euuuw! Galfrend nkosazana, kade sa gcina ukukhuluma mina nawe #Gatsheni's voice#. Do you have a body like the one of the lady who is seated? Why does she give me your overview picture? I don't like that Iris woman. Unopatazana.

Mar 18, 2014 2:27 | 3 replies

Galfrend

Ewu bafo..yini ngathi ikhanda lakho ligcwele upelepele...angifani neze nalo ntombazana..usaphilile kodwa? hehee I love Iris..shes a nopatazana but she cracks me up...I didn't watch last night's episode though, I think Isibaya will be a yawn without Ndlovu..love that man !

Mar 18, 2014 2:40 | 0 replies

Jinghu

I always picture you with that kind of a body and complexion. Agg Iris, nxa!! I don't like that woman. I like Gatsheni and Sunday.

Mar 18, 2014 2:45 | 0 replies

Galfrend

Im lighter than the lady in the pic, body type,think Bonang, Mbali black Coffee's wife..yah im boney like that lol

Mar 18, 2014 2:52 | 0 replies

Jinghu

@Galfrend - I was referring to the lady in pic 2

Mar 18, 2014 2:29 | 0 replies

Saint-Click

Mxm.. #Noxolo Grootboom's accent

Mar 18, 2014 2:30 | 0 replies

Mjove-a-hlanye

Maybe I will start watching Isibaya....

Mar 18, 2014 2:32 | 0 replies

Mapholobakay1

Its surprising to see Zulu Haters talking positively about something involving Zulus. We are getting somewhere. Now say "uZulu leads the way and others follow..." Together now 1 2 3.....

Mar 18, 2014 2:59 | 2 replies

Galfrend

"Uzulu leads the way and others follow ! " lol

Mar 18, 2014 3:3 | 0 replies

Mapholobakay1

haai cha usho kahle! lol

Mar 18, 2014 4:27 | 0 replies

gwatchgwa

I will be watching because of Jeffry Sekele(Nazareth of Jerusalema movie). Great actor.

Mar 18, 2014 3:7 | 0 replies

moates

I found love when I found Isibaya!Its the best thing to happen here in Mzansi, I cant get enough of the story line, hope it doesnt fizzle like Isidingo, the least said about generations,the better. Love Isidingo like I love Orlando Pirates :)

Mar 18, 2014 3:11 | 0 replies

Normad

Great drama and cast , this is a showcase of our best local production ever. Especially the true Zulu expression that resembles us south africans and our day to day expiriences in the societies and realities we face.Not the soapies that are a fake reflection of the americans e.g Generations. I just hope the extension of the Isibaya series will not disappoint as they raise the standard too high on their 1st series

Mar 18, 2014 3:15 | 0 replies

Galfrend

@Moates - Eish Isidingo has become something else..its following Generations, my two fav soapies are Isibaya and Muvhango :)

Mar 18, 2014 3:16 | 0 replies

Mjove-a-hlanye

Yerr I didnt check the next fotos,, tjo those chicks look yummy? if they're part of the cast then I'm watching it tonyt ek se....

Mar 18, 2014 3:54 | 0 replies