Wed Sep 03 01:47:32 SAST 2014

R Kelly returns to SA shores

By Genevieve Kgafe | Jul 09, 2013 | COMMENTS [ 64 ]

Grammy Award winning singer R Kelly has confirmed that he will be performing two gigs in South Africa this August after R kelly fans were disappointed to hear that the crooner's two concerts were postponed.

The R&B megastar, known for hits such as ‘I Believe I Can Fly’ and ‘If I Could Turn Back the Hands of Time’ will be kicking off his Single Ladies Tour on Thursday 8 August 2013 at Orlando Stadium in Johannesburg and following it up on Saturday 10 August 2013 at Moses Mabhida Stadium in Durban.

Concert organizer Tim Hill said: “We are very excited that R Kelly will be performing to South African audiences again and we are certain that he will give audiences in Johannesburg and Durban an epic show that has some of his well-known songs as well as some newer tracks from his recent releases.”

R Kelly is not only a singer, but an exceptional songwriter and producer who won three Grammy Awards for his single ‘I Believe I Can Fly’ in 1998.  He has worked with the likes of Aaliyah, Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson and was nominated for a Grammy for writing Jackson’s ‘You Are Not Alone’.

Across his repertoire of 13 studio albums, Kelly has sold over 38.5 million units in America and over 50 million worldwide. R Kelly  released ‘Write me Back’ album on June 2012. It was written and produced primarily by Kelly as the follow-up to his 2010 album ‘Love Letter’. The songs on ‘Write me Back’ include songs such as  ‘Love Is’, ‘Share My Love’, ‘Feeling Single’ and “Lady Sunday’.

Tickets are available through Computicket and start from R477 -R901 and VIP tickets can be obtained from SAIL (Orlando Stadium) and MegaPro (Moses Mabhida Stadium).
Tickets already bought will still be valid for shows.

"When A Man Lies"

How he makes her feel
When he look her in the eyes and tell her
I love you, yeah
He seems so for real
When he whispers and says
I'll never leave you, no
And he speaks them words to her heart
And make her feel like she on top
Of the world, yeah, oh my
Then turn around and break her heart
And make her feel like the whole world's on top of her, whoa
And now something other made me talk about it

When a man lies, he pierces the very soul of that woman
Yes he does, yeah
I'm just telling the truth
When a man lies, he kills every reason
She ever had for loving him, yeah
Mirror I'm talking to you, yeah

How he promised her things
While he's making sweet love to her mind
Selling big dreams, yeah
That's what he do, or he can paint the scene
With every word out of his mouth
Make her wanna believe, oh she believes

That everything that he says is true
Now all the dreams she bought and the tales he told
Cinderella to the old pot of gold
Broke up for a heart and stole the glory
And it let me here to tell the story

When a man lies, he pierces the very soul of that woman
Yes he does, yeah
I'm just telling the truth
When a man lies, he kills every reason
She ever had for loving him, yeah
Mirror I'm talking to you, yeah

Hey now don't ya all shoot the messenger, nah, nah
I was sent here to deliver, whoa
Y'all can go ahead and call me a lawyer
Call me... to the day I'll represent, the woman

Cause when a man lies, he pierces the very soul of that woman
Yes he does, hey
I'm just telling the truth
When a man lies, he kills every reason
She ever had for loving him, yeah
Mirror I'm talking to you, yeah.

Aug 07, 2013 12:57 | 0 replies

@MsKinkyakaKamaSutra
@Shredder
@MsKinkyakaKamaSutra - Spanish stallion? Ekete o batla go hutsafatsa pelo yame jaana? :)
----------------------------
mare it was true, phela do you know how many women went "through his hands" that is why he dedicated that song to them.......

I forgot John Cecada........ OMG (the Spaniards really made my heart skip a beat)

...... phela lenna I just wanted him as my Spanish sugar daddy. George Michael was going to be the father of my kids #SIGH#
_________________________________________________________________________________
Hehehehehe, ja nee. Maybe tshwentse o nna ko Barcelona o tsomana l maSpaniard. A man (Shredder) can only handle that much.

Jon Secada - I just don't wanna find another way, make it through the day without you. I think I still have that CD. I am not sure.

Jul 10, 2013 1:27 | 0 replies

@Shredder
----------------------------

Jul 10, 2013 1:19 | 0 replies

Citymentality
Isn't this the same dude who after Alliyah's death said he will never ever get into an aeroplane?
******************************************
He will use a boat #wink#

Jul 10, 2013 1:6 | 0 replies

Jul 10, 2013 12:55 | 0 replies

@Tintoma
When a woman is fed-up and you remind me of my jeep, eish these songs still ring a bell...
______________________________________________________________________________
She was raised in Illinois, right outside Chicago. It rings a bell. Does 12 play and Sex me still ring a bell? LOL

Jul 10, 2013 12:51 | 0 replies

@Shredder
-----------------------
At that time I was just thinking of him as a very romantic Spanish stallion #fan herself and blushes#

Jul 10, 2013 12:50 | 0 replies

Jul 10, 2013 12:38 | 0 replies

@ONEE & MissKinky

You must tell R-Kelly to wear that Zorro outfit (a mask, hat and all black) and do those moves he does in "Happy people". Or is it "Step in the name of love"? I think it is the latter.

Jul 10, 2013 12:25 | 0 replies

It takes one to see one, that's all I'm gona say to you now f uck off.

Jul 10, 2013 12:19 | 0 replies

@MsKinkyakaKamaSutra - A crush on who? Julio? He is old enough to be your father. LOL Anyway, he was handsome, plus it is normal for older men to get married to younger women. A 70 year old man and a 50 year old woman for example, and even a wider gap. I liked his My Love, Ae, ao, When I need you and Too many Women :-D

Jul 10, 2013 12:18 | 0 replies