Thu Oct 02 10:25:56 SAST 2014
Mzansi's Sexiest Top 12 Women revealed for 2015

It's that time of the year again where we reveal the top 24 sexiest celebrities as nominated for by .

Soul singer Moneoa goes back to school

By Dimakatso Motau | Jan 02, 2013 | COMMENTS [ 39 ]

Education is her Plan B

SINGER Moneoa Moshesh, 23, burst on to the music scene in mid-2012 to positive reviews.

To pursue her music career she dropped out of studies for a brand marketing management diploma at Vega in 2010.

"I really always wanted a tertiary qualification, but back then the music bug was too powerful to ignore," she says. "I'm glad it all worked out and I can now go back to school this year."

Moshesh says she has registered with the University of South Africa to study for a business management degree as she plans to venture into business later in her life.

"I'm keen on creating a South African television sitcom," Moshesh says. "This qualification will equip me with the mental capability and business know-how to go into business."

Moshesh says she is determined to balance her demanding music schedule with her studies.

"It won't be easy, but I'm eager to pass because I know a music career can be short-lived. So I need a plan B," Moshesh says.

She opens up about failing grade 11 and how having to repeat the grade was painful

"I failed because I didn't write my English exam," she admits.

"I was suicidal and in a dark space in my life because of a relationship break-up. But I eventually passed my matric with three distinctions."

Moshesh urges young people in high school, who might have failed, not to give up. They should instead learn from her experiences, she advises.

"Failing proved to me that I'm not stupid but that I need to put an extra effort into my studies. Look how I turned out despite having to repeat grade 11," she says.

She is excited about the prospects of her music career this year.

She will continue to shoot more music videos and intends working on collaborations with other artists.

"It has all been good except for the reality that the so-called celebrity world can be unreal at times. It's unfamiliar territory for me but I'm doing me and won't be influenced otherwise," she says.

- motaud@sowetan.co.za

Good for you

Jan 02, 2013 7:28 | 0 replies

TLekota
Ponko.Fontoyo, why are you guys judging people here as ugly or beautiful. We are not creators pls let's stop. You don't buy looks heh same as men's p*nis size, u don't buy it. Or is a matter of problems within. No one need to be assured how beautiful she is unless is necessary and meant it. For heaven sake its still the 2nd of first month in a new year

good words but will all fall on deaf ears, judging people on things they cannot control seem to be the thing of the moment with some of our smrt bloggers here

Jan 02, 2013 9:21 | 0 replies

If that's her on the couch (photo), then she is absolutely stunning, and anyone who can't see that is either severely visually impaired, or plain stu.pid.

Jan 02, 2013 10:10 | 0 replies
Jan 02, 2013 10:18 | 0 replies

She tried to commit suicide whilst in Grade 11 because of a failed relationship? Geez, was she thinking marriage already at that age?

Jan 02, 2013 10:33 | 0 replies

Wai Si Mun Ching

Jan 02, 2013 10:43 | 0 replies

@China-man
Can you teach me chines language i kinda like it.

Jan 02, 2013 10:43 | 0 replies

Good luck but are people with marketing diplomas hired

Jan 02, 2013 10:47 | 0 replies

yes we do get hired,morenawamasepa

Jan 02, 2013 10:49 | 0 replies

sweetlady1st
All the best Moneoa u are seting a gud example to us youth, wishing u all the best 4 the future. # U go gal!!!!
```````````````````````````````````````
31 years and you still consider yourself as youth??

Jan 02, 2013 12:34 | 0 replies

Godfather12
yes we do get hired,morenawamasepa

Its waPolelo thank you!!!

Jan 02, 2013 2:7 | 0 replies