Sat Aug 02 06:29:41 SAST 2014
Kalawa Jazmee does it for Madiba (PHOTOS)

Record label Kalawa Jazmee musicians and staff paid a visit to the Doug Whitehead School in honour o.

SA-Kenyan film wows international audience

By Edward Tsumele | Feb 29, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 20 ]

A MOVIE that has seen talent from South Africa and Kenya collaborating is making waves on the international arena after getting honours at an international film festival in Germany.

The film titled The Boda Boda Thieves, first made its appearance at the Durban FilmMart ealier this year.

It tells a tale of a poverty-stricken family - from Kampala in Uganda - that supports itself through meagre earnings operating a motorcycle taxi, also known as a "boda-boda".

The recognition at the Berlinale International Film Festival's Talent Campus is for its innovative and distinctive African storyline.

The Boda Boda Thieves is a product of collaboration between South African producer James Taylor and his Kenyan counterpart, producer Sarah Muhoho.

The film got a nod for the Highlight Pitch Award of the VFF (The German licensing agency for film and television producers) during the festival's Talent Project Market - a three day summit for emerging film-makers.

Taylor and Muhoho were given an opportunity to get hands-on training as producers and directors.

"The competition was tough and I feel very honoured and humbled by the support we have received in telling our uniquely African story on an international stage," said Muhoho.

Feb 29, 2012 7:13 | 0 replies

@Shredder. Are you a moffie my broer?

Feb 29, 2012 10:25 | 0 replies

BigVee: for what? Blame is the most useless phenomenon I know of. It has never fixed anything. You're welcome to play the game, but don't expect much result or sympathy.

Feb 29, 2012 10:30 | 0 replies

RobinH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your are in denial my broer! you know for what.

Feb 29, 2012 10:35 | 0 replies

Why blame, BigVee: Blame is the most useless phenomenon. It solves nothing and never will.

Feb 29, 2012 10:41 | 0 replies

RobinH: am not gonna ans that, Who the devil are you and shredder anyway, you don't come with that whi'te tendency here

Feb 29, 2012 10:50 | 0 replies

RobinH you knw what whit'es ppl did to us am not gonna repremind you

Feb 29, 2012 10:59 | 0 replies

Antimalema: tell them dude

Feb 29, 2012 11:0 | 0 replies

WHite tendencies: My God, So you parrot Shivambu too. Of course I have white tendencies. That sort of comes with the skin. But do enlighten me and all the philosop[hers since the beginning of time: What are these wonderful universals that define such diverse people as one and the same thing. And untimalletjie: Of course I know what colonisers did in history. The thing about history is that it is OVER and there is nothing anyone can do about it. My only concern is for today and the future. And with respect, being closedminded and full of h a t e is not going to do much toward a beautiful future for our children. So you have a good day now, and do try and learn to think a little out of your tiny little black box. It must be so dark in there.

MODERATOR: I thought we had spoken about the insane exclusions by your robotic censor, and that we were going to be blessed with more active involvement. Yet the same set of totally ridiculous words are still flagged.

Feb 29, 2012 2:16 | 0 replies

Only South African equipment and finance where used here, James is a settler and this Sara a kwerekwere, what is my flag doing there?

Feb 29, 2012 10:22 | 0 replies

Prade
Shredder
RobinH
********
then you must blame your whi'te forefathers

Feb 29, 2012 10:15 | 0 replies