Sat Nov 22 04:47:47 CAT 2014
Let's drool over the sizzling hot Top 12 in Mzansi

Set in the picturesque venue of the Munro Boutique hotel in Houghton, Johannesburg, the Mzansi’s Sex.

African music still foreign to most fans

By TimeOut's Phosho | Nov 18, 2011 | COMMENTS [ 6 ]

AT THE Channel O Music Video Awards, which took place over the past weekend, well, it was very interesting to see all the Africans coming from various spheres of the continent in the name of music.

But the sad reality that Phosho noted is that people still know nothing about African music. Some  were really struggling to even identify some of these artists,  mara why?

Maybe not many people have DStv out there.

Another thing is that though I am still dreaming about getting married one day, it was refreshing to see some of the artists coming with their wives.

Hip-hop artist Proverb came with his wife. Ever since the guy got a woman in his life he looks well looked after every time I meet him.

Another guy whom Phosho nearly mistook for a business tycoon was former Channel O presenter Kabelo Ngakane, who is now doing voice overs for Mzansi Fo Sho.

He came blazing a trail with his wife Molemo.

You just have to like his new walk when he is wearing suits. Big up, Kabelo.

Kwaito artist Brickz came to the event (not with a wife)  walking about in high spirits,  telling people he came  to take what belongs to him since he was nominated for Best Kwaito video.

But guess what?

The award was given to some "kwaito" artist from Namibia, leaving Mabrigado, Professor and Howza with nothing to take home.

Phosho spotted YFM traffic reporter Edna Rose with Trevor Gumbi kanti what's happening with this kid bathong?

One moment she is dining with Sushi King (Kenny Kunene) and the following day it is Trevor. Maybe tomorrow it will be with Phosho. Who knows?

Former SABC1 Zulu newsreader Thobile Mncube was there as well. Usisi  has grown up. She looked good in her black dress.

Phela I heard that ever since she left the news channel she is always so happy, unlike before, when she was at Auckland Park. She was always grumpy but you cannot blame her. Imagine talking about depressing news every day. You could end up not talking to anyone.

Big up to Thomas Gumede. He did a great job as MC.

My daughter thinks I am old fashioned because I listen to Zahara's "Loliwe"

Nov 18, 2011 8:8 | 0 replies

@Vhamsanda, old fashioned is Mom Makeba, Leta Mbuli, Mom Busi and the rest, Zahara in young blood fresh like Makhuzwayo's Dombolo in the morning.

Nov 18, 2011 8:46 | 0 replies

Kwaito has grown people! I was listining to Dog Murras an Angolan artist and his kwaito is super. I must say that living in Yeoville during my university years did help. There are a lot of music styles out there but my favorite has to be funana batuku.

Nov 18, 2011 9:54 | 0 replies

Hi Everyone,

Let me put your mind at ease about the Be Motivated Today opportunity. It is a legal and ethical business. They are a registered close corporation (Reg. No.: 2009/149033/23), and registered with the South African Department of Trade and industry. Click on the link below to read some information to reassure you:

www.bemotivatedtoday.com/content.asp?pageId=137&refcode=89875 There are also 3 excellent videos that will answer your biggest questions about this kind of business.

This company is definitely not a scam. Be Motivated Today provides a motivational service and has great motivational products. The CEO, Arnfried Klein-Werner, is an International Motivational Speaker. He has tried and studied many systems that don't work and after 13 years developed a system that actually does work and is creating wealth for many people around the world already. He understands people's fears and therefore offers a 100% money-back guarantee, if you don't make money after 6 months.

You have nothing to lose. I encourage you to visit the site and watch the video on the products, service and system. Visit http://www.bemotivatedtoday.com/89875

These guys are different. They give you $50 (+-R360) worth of products and services just for signing up on their trial. I was impressed.
Let me know what you think.

It is working for me and will work for you too.

Kind Regards

PS. Create wealth automatically!
A simple system, no selling or recruiting.
Fully Automated. The highest pay-out in the world.
It's working for me and thousands because of the unique Wealth Strategies.
Visit http://www.BeMotivatedToday.com/89875

Nov 18, 2011 10:18 | 0 replies

I use the JSE . It works wonders for me.

Nov 18, 2011 10:22 | 0 replies

So Phosho: How about extending some courtesy to "some kwaito artist from Namibia" by giving his name, as you do in the case of your best buddies. I mean, you're haroing on about "Some were really struggling to even identify some of these artists, mara why?"..... Because our press only names people they know? Come now. Let's put your money where your mouth is.

Nov 18, 2011 11:20 | 0 replies