Sun Dec 21 07:21:39 SAST 2014
Pearl Thusi and daughter involved in an accident

Model, actress and radio personality Pearl Thusi was in a car accident that left her and her daughte.

Zahara's CD flies off shelves

By Gugu Sibiya | Sep 21, 2011 | COMMENTS [ 458 ]

BARELY 19 days after hitting the stores, Zahara's debut album has done the unthinkable - selling more than 100000 copies.

The Eastern Cape-born and bred singer and songwriter's album, titled Loliwe, has proved a smash-hit - a rarity in an industry suffering from the onslaught of the aftermath of the global economic meltdown.

The laid-back Zahara said yesterday she could only give all the glory to God, her amazing team of producers Mojalefa Thebe and Robbie Malinga, as well as TK of TS Records for recognising her talent.

"I was so worried they would tamper with my sound, yet they brilliantly grasped it and enhanced it to my satisfaction.

"They brought me to the showbiz arena for all to hear what I have to offer and I am grateful for that," an overjoyed Zahara said.

Echoing her sentiments, a chaffed TK adds: "The people have spoken! It has never happened before that a newcomer sells 100000 units within a few days."

The only other artist to break the album sales record was Brenda Fassie with Memeza, which sold over 500000 units a few weeks after its release.

Zahara has arrived!

SHARPZ - lool yes say everything is OHK...ge o ka mpona moes o do thakana thogo kudu ka maata *with sepedi sa motjatji z accent*

Sep 21, 2011 1:45 | 0 replies

@matzzzz
hayi u killed me shame

Sep 21, 2011 2:7 | 0 replies

@nevus hola skiem ke tla thola eish mara i have a very serious problem ke tso reka dijo ke mo escalator ko pele ga me ke this chick ka mesese e ya bona o mo tshwere mfana ge a jika legwenya la bonala dai kind o pakile boi yoh and ga kgatale gore ke mo shebile o ka re o chuna ka bomo

@matzzzz akere ke rile ke tswa ko yena wena o batla ke tswelle pele

Sep 21, 2011 2:7 | 0 replies

Nice2Nice
welcome hope u nt gonna stay long neeee.lol..jst joking wankelekile

Sep 21, 2011 2:8 | 0 replies

Sharpino na re wa re di beach party di ko kae Donaldson Dam?

Sep 21, 2011 2:9 | 0 replies

SHARPINO....can u organise someone to drive me ko beach party?? e ka re motho o tlo tagwa mo,

Sep 21, 2011 2:9 | 0 replies

Nice2Nice

Welcome babes just be nice. Feel at home.Here dont take things personal just relax at say what ever you want neh masista. Welcome again

Sep 21, 2011 2:10 | 0 replies

@Nice2Nice welcome babes and please dont mind the female bloggers when they are nasty to you they fear competition *wink*

Sep 21, 2011 2:10 | 0 replies

@matzzzzz
tirror - mzansi's good singers r xhosa's
----------------
i differ with u ntwana, zulu's are the best

Sep 21, 2011 2:11 | 0 replies

nice2nice - u should hv said gal..not just get it lool..WELCOME..n dnt b a stranger hey

sharps - beach party ya kae? gape nna ena asenna motho wa menate

maezisto - ola boy..KEEP IT THAT WAY

TED - hello chomie she z just like many chicks in SA... come on now wena o dio gafisha ke maponapona a gage feela..NNA GA MPHALE..phooo struss re ka petja

Sep 21, 2011 2:12 | 0 replies

A Star is born, I love the music Zahara, I only have one question, I've listened to 'Loliwe' great song but I don't get the message from the song, can somebody explain how the two connect loliwe and phezulu? I'll appreciate some kind of explanation. Long live Zahara!

Sep 21, 2011 2:13 | 0 replies