Thu Jul 31 19:36:00 SAST 2014
Kalawa Jazmee does it for Madiba (PHOTOS)

Record label Kalawa Jazmee musicians and staff paid a visit to the Doug Whitehead School in honour o.

Club 808 is full of fun and wit

By Patience Bambalele | Aug 03, 2010 | COMMENTS [ 12 ]

YFM duo Dineo Ranaka and Mo Flava will host a new TV music show, Club 808, from Friday on e.tv at 7.30pm.

Club 808 is a lifestyle and music entertainment show aimed at the youth.

Full of fun and wit, the show reviews new songs, entertainment news and features up-and-coming local musicians.

Club 808 executive producer Zam Nkosi said: "The show will be fresh, very contemporary, fun, flirty and lightly irreverent, with the tongue firmly in cheek. It will certainly not take itself seriously."

A fast-paced, laugh-a-minute show, Club 808 will bring loads of laughter and insight into pop culture.

Mo Flava hosts the YFM breakfast show on weekdays between 6am and 9am.

Born Moeti Tsiki in Dube, Soweto, he is a focused and ambitious young man, driven by an intense interest and passion for the media at large.

With a media studies diploma majoring in radio broadcasting and programming, he wants to grow in this field.

Ranaka, who is also a television and radio presenter, captures audiences with her witty approach to everything she does.

She currently hosts Yfm's Dineo Live on Drive between 3pm and 6pm on weekdays.

Ranaka has presented Real Goboza and acted in local TV dramas such as Gaz'lam, Home Affairs, A Place Called Home and Stokvel.

Wow! Can't wait. I always wondered if e.tv new anything about music. Guess they proving me wrong hey. Bring it ON E!!!

Aug 03, 2010 8:48 | 0 replies

Really can't wait for this one, Mo Flava rocks, I so have a crush on him!

Aug 06, 2010 9:36 | 0 replies

The last time Zam Nkosi had a show on tv was on SABC 1 which started as a house on fire but he ran out of ideas the show got worse and he got the boot from the public broadcaster.
Ive got nothing against Dineo and Mo in actual fact I listen to Mo's show(Flavor in the morning)every morning but If this show was really about new,fresh ideas they should've roped in new faces as well,there are many talented young people out there they just need to be given platform.
When DSTV starts new shows they also bring in new blood same as live on SABC1 nobody knew about Phila but look where he's right now he's a house hold name in the entertainment industry,being an entreprenuer that he is(Zam) I believe he should strive to create job opportunities for the unemployed.

Aug 03, 2010 3:22 | 0 replies

This bloody wrestling channel is about to bring something intersting.... Lets wait and c.

Aug 03, 2010 1:21 | 0 replies

I've got nothing against the show just that etv should strive to be avoid shoddy dealings. We have enough of that in the country.

Politics aside, I digg Zam Nkosi & his productions, so I believe this show is going to be gr8 and it's got 2 lively young presenters aka Mo and Dineo who are go-getters and know their story.

Actually Dineo was on those shows but got cameo roles, so most people won't remember.

It's great when young people are doing great things. BIGUPS

Aug 03, 2010 12:3 | 0 replies

OMGosh. I can't believe this. ETV needs to be sued and brought to book.

ETV has been advertising that proposals should be sent through for a Music and lifestyle show, only to find that they had this type of show all along. I've always had respect for ETV for taking a different root to SABC and always telling the "TRUTH" without any editing, but this makes me lose all credibility for ETV and proves that It has become just as corrupt as SABC. Maybe it's always been corrupt but they have been hiding behind SABC.

This show has been finalised and the preview went live on air on the 31st July 2010, the same date as the closing date of submissions. So, ETV went ahead and gave the show to their "friends" and covered their backs by later advertising for the "tender". It's highly dissapointing that ETV could insult people's intelligence in this way. It's more unfortunate for those production companies that pitched their proposal.

I'm just a student and I happened to see their advert everyday for submissions and was curious as to what it was about and I read up about it etv's website. I thought etv was really cool for taking the fair approach but I was wrong. If you don't believe me this is what is written on their website:

***********************************************************************************************
MUSIC SHOW SUBMISSION

INTRODUCTION

e.tv is looking for an original entertainment music show concept to air in prime time. The concept must highlight different contemporary music genres in South Africa and internationally.

The music programme should be aimed at males and females between the ages of 16 and 24.

THE BRIEF

Your proposal should consider the following:

52 x 23’ programmes
Studio or location based
1 or 2 presenter(s)
SA and International music entertainment show that reflects today’s youth culture, the latest news and music reviews
Content must also be able to accommodate possible mobile and web interactive elements .
The programmes will be broadcast in prime time
The target market is middle to upper income viewers (LSM 5-8) and must have broad appeal
Guide price is R3000 cost per minute

6. SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS

The proposals must be submitted by no later than 31 July 2010 to the attention of:
VIA POST TO:
Manager: e.tv Local Productions.
e.tv
No 5 Summit Road,
Dunkeld West, Johannesburg 2196

VIA e.MAIL TO:
submissions@etv.co.za

Aug 03, 2010 11:56 | 0 replies

These Ppl must be held accountable. Pay a fine or something. I'm sure Patience Bambelele realised before Printing and said " Dont worry , readers wont even notice,"

Aug 03, 2010 11:28 | 0 replies

Yoo see how often we misled by the Journalists. dont they check their story before Printing. I understand what Blade was saying when he said " Jail the Journalists" . That's why I so refrain from qouting any facts from the Papers. Imagine yourself with confidence saying " Dineo was acting at home affaisrs , stockvel, gazlami " .

Aug 03, 2010 11:25 | 0 replies

I agree with you ccmuzi,get your facts right peeps!!!

Aug 03, 2010 10:59 | 0 replies

First, of all I would like to say big up to etv.for identifying the most emplifying youth presenters of Y's.However,I never saw Dineo Ranaka being on home affairs ,stockvel and Gaz' lam,that was her sister.Plz, meadia peeps consult before you consider publishing such information.I thank you.

Aug 03, 2010 10:48 | 0 replies

m so looking foward to see my favourite radio pesonalyties on tv.... great choice etv!!

Aug 03, 2010 9:55 | 0 replies