Thu Sep 29 08:42:56 SAST 2016
SAA board chairperson Dudu Myeni. Picture Credit: Gallo Images
ANC Youth League has confidence in Myeni

Will Thandi Moraka be taken to task the way Julius Malema was?.

Clarify new street names

By Reader comment | Mar 19, 2013 | COMMENTS [ 7 ]

PEOPLE in Pretoria are still using the old names of streets in the city.

All I hear from taxi drivers is "Pretoria via Church".

For example I also hear some of the commuters saying: "I'm working in Prinsloo Street" or "I'm going to Skinner Street".

If you ask anyone in Pretoria about Nana Sita Street or Sisulu Street, no one knows them.

It is appalling and pathetic.

It's a pity nothing has been done to educate people about the new street names in Pretoria.

Thebe Kgwetiane, Pretoria

1. this names were forced on people, masses never wanted this, ANC and their egos wanted this.
2. they are long with surnames, difficult to remember or pronounce. Imagine Im working in Johannes Ramokhoase street, its easier to say Proes........ Justice Mohamed street, Walker is better.
3. those who do makes no sense as others do not even know what you on about.
4. Google GPS does not have the new names.

Mar 19, 2013 11:13 | 0 replies

I have struggle lastweek to find WF Nkomo street through my updated N8 GPS, later I usde old Mapstudio book ask information from SAPS on old streetnames

Mar 19, 2013 11:55 | 0 replies

It is appalling and pathetic.
----------------------------------
You are the pathetic one by insulting people. A good orator/debater wold always want to find ways to correct/remedy a situation.............

Mar 19, 2013 1:27 | 0 replies

Be Patient it will take time maybe years to reverse the mental colonization.

Just like it takes time to forget the name of your EX ...when screaming

Mar 19, 2013 1:56 | 0 replies

forcing matters.........it will take time.

Mar 19, 2013 2:45 | 0 replies

ke manyala kaofela ana. lebitso le letelele so, nxa.

Mar 19, 2013 3:31 | 0 replies

The change of street names in Pretoria does'nt make any difference interms of fighting poverty.Instead you'll find 6-8 general workers installing 1 board of street name.The mission is to decrease poverty not to change street names that does'nt affect economy.

Mar 19, 2013 11:30 | 0 replies